Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zifi Oz Tablet is a combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole; an antibiotic used to treat diarrhoea in adults. It works by inhibiting the growth of infection-causing organisms. Take it as the prescrib
ed dose and for the prescribed duration and never miss or skip a dose. Zifi Oz Tablet should not be taken by children below 18 years of age. Always apply sunscreen lotion while stepping out in direct sunlight. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and also medications if any. You may experience side effects such as dry mouth, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness and stomach pain. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsens, consult your doctor.
Uses of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ornidazole, Ofloxacin or any other ingredient of Zifi Oz Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture (serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zifi Oz Tablet should not be consumed during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to a threatened pregnancy. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea.
- You have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience fits or have a history of fits.
- You feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have a kidney problem or heart problem.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- Zifi Oz Tablet should not be consumed by children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
- Ornidazole works by stopping the growth of the bacteria or parasites causing the infection.
Directions for Use of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Zifi Oz Tablet contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline.
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin.
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric conditions like Lithium.
- Medicines used to treat fits like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
Storage and disposal of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Zifi Oz Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Zifi Oz Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Zifi Oz Tablet include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking Zifi Oz Tablet?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.