Vfend 50mg Tablet
By PFIZER LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vfend 50 MG Description
Vfend Tablet is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat serious fungal infections. It contains voriconazole as its active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and i
n doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Vfend 50 MG
For the treatment of severe fungal infections.
Contraindications of Vfend 50 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Vfend Tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Terfenadine, Astemizole, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Rifampicin, Efavirenz, Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, Ergot alkaloids, Sirolimus, Ritonavir, St John’s Wort.
Side effects of Vfend 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Visual impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Vfend 50 MG
Can I take Vfend Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take this medicine during pregnancy until it is considered essential by the doctor and potential risks justify the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine.
Can I take Vfend Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk, hence consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vfend Tablet?
This medicine may blur your vision, caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Vfend Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You have developed an allergic reaction to similar medicines (other antifungal medicines)
- You experience sunburn, severe skin rash, bone pain
- You experience fatigue, loss of appetite, stomach pain, muscle weakness, weight loss (signs of adrenal insufficiency)
- You experience weight gain, excessive sweating or hair growth (signs of Cushing’s syndrome)
- During treatment, avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight. Wear full sleeve clothes while going out.
Mode of Action of Vfend 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Voriconazole works by killing or preventing the growth of fungi.
Directions for Use of Vfend 50 MG
- Vfend Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Vfend 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vfend Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, HIV infection, cancer, fits, tuberculosis, diabetes, ulcers, fungal infections or are taking blood thinners, painkillers, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Vfend 50 MG
- Store Vfend Tablet in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children.
Dosage of Vfend 50 MG
In case of overdose, immediately contact your doctor or visit a nearby clinic/hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Vfend Tablet used for?
A: Vfend Tablet is used in the treatment of severe fungal infections.
Q: What is the composition of Vfend Tablet?
A: Vfend Tablet contains voriconazole, which belongs to the antifungal class of medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Voriconazole Accord film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Voriconazole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Voriconazole Mylan 200 mg Film-coated Tablets [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 1 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.