Ulcicap 20mg Capsules
By STERKEM PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ulcicap 20 MG Description
Ulcicap Capsule is used to treat ulcers in the stomach and intestines, heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease. It is also helpful in managing Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Ulcicap Capsule con
tains Omeprazole as an active medicine. It acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹4.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach ulcers|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Omeprazole(20.0 Mg)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ulcicap 20mg Capsules
- Ocid 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 57.34₹ 48.747.58% CHEAPER₹ 2.44/Capsule
- Promisec 20mg CapsuleBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 30.96₹ 26.320.38% CHEAPER₹ 2.63/Capsule
- Omez 20 Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 57.30₹ 48.707.58% CHEAPER₹ 2.44/Capsule
- Omee 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 57.34₹ 40.1423.86% CHEAPER₹ 2.01/Capsule
Uses of Ulcicap 20 MG
- Ulcicap Capsule is used in treating heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is also used for the treatment of ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumor of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Ulcicap 20 MG
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Ulcicap Capsule.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are taking nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Ulcicap 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ulcicap 20 MG
Can I take Ulcicap Capsule during pregnancy?
Ulcicap Capsule can be taken during pregnancy only after consulting your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Ulcicap Capsule while breastfeeding?
Omeprazole from Ulcicap Capsule passes into breast milk but in small amounts and may not harm the baby. Hence, Ulcicap Capsule can be used while breastfeeding only after consulting your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ulcicap Capsule?
Ulcicap Capsule may cause dizziness and drowsiness. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ulcicap Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ulcicap Capsule as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You have abnormal weight loss.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You are expected to take Ulcicap Capsule for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with it.
Mode of Action of Ulcicap 20 MG
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump present in the stomach wall is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole present in Ulcicap Capsule binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Ulcicap 20 MG
- Ulcicap Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken without food preferably in the morning.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Ulcicap 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ulcicap Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Ulcicap Capsule with Nelfinavir and Atazanavir used to treat HIV infection is not allowed.
- Concomitant use along with antifungals such as Posaconazole and anticancer medicine like Erlotinib should be avoided.
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Ulcicap Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like Clopidogrel, Cilostazol, Phenytoin, Saquinavir, Tacrolimus, Methotrexate, Rifampicin, Clarithromycin and Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend that you take Ulcicap Capsule on an empty stomach, at least 40 minutes before meals.
Storage and disposal of Ulcicap 20 MG
- Store Ulcicap Capsules in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ulcicap 20 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Ulcicap Capsules are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, depression, confusion. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ulcicap Capsule....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ulcicap Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ulcicap Capsule used for?
A: Ulcicap Capsule is used for the treatment of chest pain and heartburn due to stomach acid. It is also used in the treatment of several forms of ulcer of the gut and conditions of excessive stomach acid production.
Q: Can Ulcicap Capsule be taken before food?
A: Yes, you should always take Ulcicap at least 40 mins before food, preferably in the morning before breakfast.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed