Toplap Gel 10gm
By CURATIO HEALTHCARE INDIA PVT LTD
10g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Toplap gel is a local anaesthetic. It produces a local anaesthetic effect when applied on the skin. It contains a combination of two active ingredients Prilocaine and Lidocaine. It is used to numb the intact skin before needle insertion, surgical procedures, minor skin operations and removal of warts and skin ulcers. It works by blocking the sensations on the skin for short time and hence numbs the skin....
|You Save||₹41.33 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Prilocaine(2.5 %),Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, redness, swelling|
Check more medicines with composition as Prilocaine(2.5 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.5 %)
Uses of Toplap Gel 10gm
To produce local anaesthesia on intact skin before needle insertion or minor surgical procedures.
Contraindications of Toplap Gel 10gm
- If you are allergic to Lidocaine, Prilocaine or any ingredient of this gel.
- If you have experienced an allergy previously after application of local anaesthetics (similar preparations).
Side effects of Toplap Gel 10gm
- Pale skin
Precautions and Warnings of Toplap Gel 10gm
Can I apply the Toplap gel during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this gel. It is unlikely that this gel will produce adverse effects on the foetus if used occasionally. Avoid using it on larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply the Toplap gel while breastfeeding?
Components of this gel can get absorbed through the skin and may pass into breast milk. However, the quantity is too less to affect the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Toplap gel?
Toplap gel has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive if used as advised by a doctor or pharmacist.
Can I consume alcohol while using Toplap gel?
This gel may not interact with alcohol. Consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You or your child have a problem with blood pigment levels called “methaemoglobinaemia”.
- You or your child has a rare inherited condition called "glucose6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency”. If you are not sure ask your doctor.
- You have any heart rhythm disorder and you are taking medicines for that.
- Do not use this gel on areas with skin rash, cuts, grazes or other open wounds (except leg ulcer).
- You or your child have an itchy skin condition called 'atopic dermatitis'.
- Avoid getting this gel in your eyes, as it may cause irritation. If this gel gets in your eyes accidentally immediately rinse well with lukewarm water or salt.
Mode of Action of Toplap Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
Toplap gel works by the combined action of Prilocaine and Lidocaine. It produces anaesthesia by nerve blockage and hence reduces the spread of sensations locally and perception of pain for a short span of time....
Directions for Use of Toplap Gel 10gm
- Use this gel exactly as described by your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
- For surgical procedures, it will be applied under medical supervision.
- If you are not sure how to apply and how much to apply, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not apply this gel unnecessarily on the skin or on broken or damaged skin.
- Do not use it near the nose, mouth, eyes, ear or near anus.
Interactions of Toplap Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Toplap gel should not be applied simultaneously with other medicines which are to be applied locally.
- Toplap gel can affect the way some medicines work or some medicines can affect the effectiveness of this gel, hence tell your doctor if you are taking or might take any other medicines or supplements. ...
- In particular, if you are already using some other local anaesthetic, certain anti-infectives, anti-epileptics, medicines to treat uneven heartbeats, stomach acid reducer etc.
Storage and disposal of Toplap Gel 10gm
- Store below 30°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- After opening it for the first time, use it within 6 months.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Toplap Gel 10gm
An overdose is unlikely to happen if it is used as recommended. If you have applied too much of this medicine wipe-off the excess medication. If you experience any undesirable symptoms after its application tell your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose does not have a significant effect as this gel is to be used only when anaesthesia is desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Toplap gel is used?
A: Toplap gel is used to produce anaesthesia(numbness) locally on intact skin nefore needle insertion or minor surgical procedures.
Q: Can I use Toplap gel for piles?
A: No, you should not apply this gel in the anal area.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.