Thyronorm 12.5mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
Thyronorm 12.5 MCG Description
Thyronorm Tablet is used for the treatment of Hypothyroidism. It contains Levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as Thyroxine produced by
the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is noticeable and characterized by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. This medicine should be used with care and caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. In case of any allergic reactions or any severe side effects contact your doctor as soon as possible.
|You Save||₹26.61 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Thyroxine / Levothyroxine Sodium(12.5 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, hair loss, weight variations, headache, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
Uses of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
Contraindications of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Thyronorm Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
- Thyronorm Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor. ...
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Thyronorm Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Thyronorm Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
- Take Thyronorm Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not stop consuming this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Thyronorm Tablet or Thyronorm Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives. etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyronorm Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyronorm Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Thyronorm 12.5 MCG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take Thyronorm Tablet?
Q: Can I take Thyronorm Tablet to lose weight?
Q: Can Thyronorm Tablet and Esomoprazole be taken together?
Q: Can I take Thyronorm Tablet after breakfast?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- THYRONORM 25MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 50MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 100MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 75MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 62.5MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 125MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 88MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 37.5MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYRONORM 150MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS