Texina 2mg Tablet
Texina 2 MG Description
Texina tablet is a prescription medication. Managing the symptoms of anxiety disorders is the primary use of the Texina tablet. It is also used for managing anxiety in patients with depression for a
short duration. Texina tablets have lorazepam as an active component. It works as a central nervous system depressant. The mode of action of Texina tablets is to reduce the excess activity in the brain by raising certain chemical messengers, which creates a calming impact. They also help stabilise mood by decreasing the excess activity of nerves in the brain. These tablets can cause behavioural shifts and increase the propensity for suicidal thoughts. They also cause physical dependency when using them for the long term. Also, stopping the usage of Texina tablets suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms like sudden muscle movements, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc. Hence, following the doctor's direction for using Texina tablets is necessary.
|You Save||₹3.42 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety in People With Depressive Symptoms|
|Side effects||Memory Problems, Blurred Vision, Muscle Pain, Difficulty Speaking, Changes in Appetite, Restlessness or Excitement, Changes in Sexual Desire|
Uses of Texina 2 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Texina Tablet is used in:
- The management of symptoms of anxiety disorders.
- The treatment of symptoms associated with anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms for a short duration.
Contraindications of Texina 2 MG
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any ingredient of Texina tablet.
- If you have a history of substance and alcohol addiction or abuse. Texina tablet is habit-forming and is known to cause physical dependence.
- If you have sudden mood changes, self-harming or suicidal thoughts and demeanours.
- If you have been diagnosed with a certain eye condition, such as narrow-angle glaucoma (increased fluid pressure inside the eye), Texina tablets can worsen the condition.
- If you have any trouble with respiration or lung conditions, this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you have a severe liver illness.
- If you are currently pregnant or planning pregnancy.
- If you have been diagnosed with clinical depression.
- If you drive or operate heavy machinery.
Side effects of Texina 2 MG
- Memory problems
- Change in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Texina 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly individual over 65 years of age. Texina Tablets can cause increased side effects due to slower metabolism.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as profuse sweating, stuffy or runny nose, vomiting, nausea, etc.
- You need to do something that needs maintaining constant focus; Texina tablets can cause problems with attention.
- You have a seizure disorder and are currently under treatment for it.
- You have surgery or a dental operation planned.
- You are overweight. The dose needs to be observed.
Mode of Action of Texina 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Texina 2 MG
- Take the Texina Tablet exactly as advised by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Texina medicine, even if you do not notice any difference.
- Do not break the Texina Tablet or chew it.
- Try to swallow the whole pill with a glass of water.
- It is better not to take Texina Tablet with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use the Texina tablet if the package has been opened.
- You can take a Texina tablet with or without food.
Interactions of Texina 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use sedatives or antidepressant medicines such as MAO inhibitors (methylene blue, selegiline, etc.) while using Texina medicine. The reactions between them can cause severe side effects and even death. Inform your doctor if you have used these tablets in the previous 14 days....
- Do not use other medications that are identical to Texina Tablets. Taking them together can lead to excessive side effects and overdose symptoms.
- Antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., can decrease or increase the effects of Texina tablets, so the dose needs to be modified.
- When you are using a Texina Tablet, it is better not to use opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine. It can lead to extreme drowsiness....
- Texina Tablet interacts with many other medications. Inform the doctor of the full list of the patient's medications.
- Using Texina Tablets with certain herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St. John's wort, herbal medicine that helps manage depression, can cause serious effects.
Interactions with food items
- It is always better to avoid grapefruit or its juice while taking Texina tablets. This fruit can increase the amount of this medication in the blood, which can cause excessive side effects.
- It's best to avoid having drinks such as coffee, tea and cola or to eat a lot of chocolate. All these products contain caffeine, which can negatively affect this medicine and exaggerate mood disorders....
Storage and disposal of Texina 2 MG
Dosage of Texina 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Texina Tablets to a child?
Q: Will I become dependent on the Texina Tablet if I use it every day?
Q: Can I use the Texina Tablet if I have depression?
- Lorazepam: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from
- NHS choices. NHS; [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from:
- Ghiasi N. Lorazepam [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from:
- Lorazepam [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from: