Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By SUN PHARMA
10 Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Susten 200 mg capsule contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone. It is used in combination to reduce symptoms of menopause caused due to hormone replacement therapy. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Susten 200 mg capsule is used in combination with estrogen to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women who have an intact uterus which is known as hormone replacement therapy.
Contraindications of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of Susten 200 mg capsule.
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer.
- If you experience vaginal bleeding.
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels.
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes).
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
- Breast tenderness
- Hot flushes (sudden warm feeling over the face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Susten 200 mg capsule during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Susten 200 mg capsule while breastfeeding?
Susten 200 mg capsule should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Susten 200 mg capsule?
Susten 200 mg capsule may cause drowsiness or dizziness, thus you need to be cautious while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Susten 200 mg capsule?
It is not known if consuming alcohol is safe when taking Progesterone. However, it is advised to avoid alcohol intake while on treatment with Susten 200 mg capsule as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma
- You have diabetes
- You have or had depression
- Your skin is sensitive to light
- You have high blood pressure
- You have problems with your liver
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases
- You notice changes in breast or nipple
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma
- You notice visual disturbance like blurred vision
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids
Mode of Action of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. This medicine replenishes the female hormone i.e. Progesterone which is required for normal functioning of the body.
Directions for Use of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Take Susten 200 mg capsule exactly as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine).
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin).
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir).
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine).
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine).
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone).
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines.
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam).
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine).
Interactions with food items
Susten 200 mg capsule should not be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Susten 200 mg capsule does not require any special conditions for storage.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Susten 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue. If you think you have taken too much of Susten 200 mg capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should be taken while on treatment with Susten 200 mg capsule?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer.
- Check your breast regularly for changes in the nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of the skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in the chest or pain in the legs and inability to walk.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Susten 200 mg capsule?
- Yes, if you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots.read less
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography.
Last Updated on: 03 Dec 2020 | 05:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved