Setimed Suspension 30ml
Setimed Suspension 30ml Description
Setimed Suspension is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains
cetirizine as an active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Setimed Suspension should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women.
Uses of Setimed Suspension 30ml
Contraindications of Setimed Suspension 30ml
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, hydroxyzine or any piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Setimed Suspension.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Setimed Suspension 30ml
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Setimed Suspension 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems; Setimed Suspension may increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
Mode of Action of Setimed Suspension 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes.
- Setimed Suspension works by blocking the histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Setimed Suspension 30ml
- Take Setimed Suspension as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions of the label before usage.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the quantity.
Interactions of Setimed Suspension 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Setimed Suspension works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to treat anxiety, to induce sleep, for mental health problems, muscle relaxants, to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Setimed Suspension 30ml
- Store Setimed Suspension at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Setimed Suspension 30ml
Missed a Dose
- If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Setimed Suspension, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you missed the dose of Setimed Suspension, take it as soon as you remember....
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Setimed Suspension?
- Yes, Setimed Suspension is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, thus it is advised to avoid driving or performing activity such as operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any undesirable side effect after taking this medicine, seek immediate medical help.
Q: Does Setimed Suspension cause addiction?
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]