Sazo 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Sazo 1 G Description
Sazo Tablet is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and is also used in treating rheumatoid arthritis. It contains sulfasalazine as its active ingredient
. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should have plenty of fluids while on treatment with this medicine. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Sazo Tablet.
|You Save||₹34.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Inflammatory bowel diseases|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, indigestion, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE|
Uses of Sazo 1 G
- Sazo Tablet is used for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease (a medical condition that causes inflammation and ulcers in your digestive tract).
- It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that causes pain and swelling in the joints).
Contraindications of Sazo 1 G
- If you are allergic to Sulfasalazine or any other ingredients of Sazo Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other salicylates like aspirin or a type of antibiotic called sulfonamides like sulfamethizole, sulfadiazine, etc.
- If you are suffering from a rare condition called porphyria.
- Do not use this medicine in children less than 2 years old.
Side effects of Sazo 1 G
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Sazo 1 G
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting Sazo Tablet.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You had or have asthma.
- Your doctor may frequently ask you to get your blood and other tests like liver function test or urine test done to check your condition before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Sazo Tablet is not recommended for use in children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Mode of Action of Sazo 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sazo 1 G
Interactions of Sazo 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Sazo Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Sazo Tablet along with certain anti-diabetic medications like glipizide, metformin, pioglitazone may cause low blood sugar levels. Thus, it should be cautiously used.
- Concomitant use along with methotrexate (used to treat rheumatoid arthritis) may increase the risk of side effects like nausea.
- Other medicines like digoxin (used to treat heart failure), azathioprine, mercaptopurine (used in organ transplant) should be used with caution along with Sazo Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Sazo 1 G
Dosage of Sazo 1 G
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should one take Sazo Tablet?
Q: Is Sazo Tablet a painkiller?
Q: Is Sazo Tablet effective?
Q: What are the side effects of Sazo Tablet?
- Salazopyrin En-Tabs - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Salazopyrin En-Tabs - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Sulfasalazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Sulfasalazine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Sulfasalazine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Sulfasalazine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]