Samepan 1gm Inj
By ADLEY FORMULATION
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Samepan 1gm Inj is a combination of Imipenem and Cilastatin. It is an antibiotic medicine.
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Cilastatin + Imipenem
Uses of Samepan 1gm Inj
For the treatment of infection of the lung, airways, urinary tract, bones, joints, stomach and surrounding organs like pancreas, liver, gallbladder, etc. It is also used for the treatment of infection in the inner lining of the heart and blood infections...
Contraindications of Samepan 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Imipenem, Cilastatin or any ingredients of this injection
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Meropenem, Biapenem and Doripenem
Side effects of Samepan 1gm Inj
- Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach discomforts
- Low blood pressure, fever, fits, dizziness and sleepiness
- Itching, rashes and skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Samepan 1gm Inj
Can I take Samepan 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
The components of this injection can be harmful during pregnancy. It should only be taken during pregnancy if no other alternatives are available and potential benefit outweighs the associated risk.
Can I take Samepan 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
The components of this injection passes in breast milk in small amounts. Keep a watch for the symptoms of fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Samepan 1gm Inj?
You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this injection. Thus, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Samepan 1gm Inj?
It is advised not to consume alcohol when you have taken this injection. This medicine and alcohol can cause adverse effects like dizziness, drowsiness and stomach upset.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience any allergic reactions which can be sometimes very serious, reach out to the emergency department immediately
- If you experience fits, mental confusion or you have a previous history or brain disease
- If you experience black tarry stools and watery diarrhoea after taking this injection
- If you experience other infections while on treatment with this medicine
- If you have a pre-existing liver disorder or develops after taking this injection
- If you have kidney disease, your dose needs to be reduced in that case
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children, especially with kidney problem
Mode of Action of Samepan 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Imipenem works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by interrupting the formation of cell wall. Cilastatin helps imipenem work more effectively by preventing its metabolism by enzymes in kidneys and maintains its optimal levels to fight against infections....
Directions for Use of Samepan 1gm Inj
- This medicine comes as an injection and it will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Samepan 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience fits if you are taking an antiviral medicine like Ganciclovir
- Medicines like Valproic acid used to treat fits may not be able to control fits
- Increased chances of bleeding with Warfarin which can stop blood clotting
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
Storage and disposal of Samepan 1gm Inj
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Do not freeze the reconstituted solution
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly
Dosage of Samepan 1gm Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection in a hospital setting. Therefore, it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. If you experience any unwanted effects like fits, confusion, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure and heart rate after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that a dose may be missed, as this injection is administered in a hospital or clinic. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed to give a scheduled dose of this injection, inform them immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is antibiotic-associated diarrhoea? Does it occur with Samepan 1gm Inj?
A: Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea refers to passing loose, watery and tarry stools three or more times a day after taking antibiotics. Yes, it occurs with all strong antibiotics and with Samepan 1gm Inj too. It occurs due to bacterial imbalance in the intestine due to antibiotic treatment.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Samepan 1gm Inj?
A: Kidney function test, liver function test and blood picture assessment needs to be done routinely while on treatment with Samepan 1gm Inj. Kidney function needs to be tested before starting therapy. The maximum dosage in a day should not exceed 4 g and this medicine should not be used in children weighing less than 30 kg.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.