Ropimate 25mg Tablets
Ropimate 25 MG Description
Ropimate Tablet contains topiramate which is an anti-epileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy also known as fits (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsion
s where part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood. It works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn, stops the generation of seizures. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions or constipation, tiredness, low mood, sleepiness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using Ropimate Tablet. This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Uses of Ropimate 25 MG
- Ropimate Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or the whole brain is affected).
- It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Contraindications of Ropimate 25 MG
- If you are allergic to topiramate or any of the other ingredients of Ropimate Tablet.
- If you are pregnant and using this medicine for the prevention of migraine headache.
Side effects of Ropimate 25 MG
- Loose motions
- Low mood
- Blurred vision
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Ropimate 25 MG
- Components of Ropimate Tablet are known to be harmful to foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women.
- It is necessary to perform a pregnancy test before starting with Ropimate Tablet.
- If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney problems such as kidney stones.
- You have metabolic acidosis (body fluid and blood abnormality).
- You have glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You are pregnant or a woman of childbearing age, as taking this medicine in pregnancy could be dangerous for the foetus.
- You are taking any other medicine containing topiramate
- You have suicidal thoughts or harming yourself, in such cases immediately inform your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Ropimate Tablet on your own without consulting your doctor.
- The weight of the patient should be checked regularly as taking this medicine may cause weight loss.
Mode of Action of Ropimate 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ropimate 25 MG
Interactions of Ropimate 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ropimate Tablet with medicines used in brain diseases such as phenytoin or carbamazepine, herbal preparations of st John's wort decreases the blood concentration of this medicine.
- Taking this medicine with valproic acid can cause a decrease in body temperature.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations before starting with Ropimate Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ropimate 25 MG
- Store at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ropimate 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ropimate Tablet?
Q: How Ropimate Tablet works?
Q: Can Ropimate Tablet cause hair loss?
Q: Does Ropimate Tablet make you sleepy?
Q: Can I stop taking Ropimate Tablet suddenly if I feel good?
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]