Riscon 0.5mg Tablet
Riscon 0.5 MG Description
Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia and mania. Schizophrenia is a mental condition that causes hallucinations or delusions and impairs a person's ability to think and behav
e. Insomnia, drowsiness, somnolence, parkinsonism, and headache are all frequent adverse effects of this medication. When changing positions, Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet may cause a fast drop in blood pressure, so it's best to rise gently if you've been sitting or lying down. This medicine may cause you to gain weight, but you can reduce this adverse effect by changing your lifestyle and eating a nutritious diet and exercising regularly. While taking this medication, you should be cautious because it may raise the risk of diabetes. Therefore, it's best to keep track of your glucose levels regularly. While using this medication, report any unexpected changes in mood or behaviour, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts to your doctor.
Uses of Riscon 0.5 MG
- Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of mania
Contraindications of Riscon 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to paliperidone or inactive components of Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet.
Side effects of Riscon 0.5 MG
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Precautions and Warnings of Riscon 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome. Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet use may raise the risk of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome, which is characterised by elevated body temperature, muscle rigidity, altered awareness, and other symptoms. ...
- You have tardive dyskinesia. Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet may induce involuntary tongue, lip, and face movements (tardive dyskinesia).
- You have dyslipidemia and diabetes. Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet has the potential to raise blood sugar and lipid levels. Your doctor may advise that you monitor your blood sugar, cholesterol, and fat levels, as well as your body weight, on a regular basis....
- You have a history of seizures.
- You experience skin rashes, hives, itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms of allergy.
- Due to a lack of sufficient safety and efficacy data, Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet should not be administered to children with schizophrenia below 13 years, children with bipolar disorder who are younger than ten years of age, and children with autism who are younger than 5 years....
Mode of Action of Riscon 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Riscon 0.5 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet.
- Swallow Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet can be taken before or after a meal.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, it is best to take Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet at the same time every day.
- Do not alter the dose of Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet without consulting with the doctor.
Interactions of Riscon 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid adverse effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet is known to interact with:
- Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet may antagonise effects of levodopa.
- Carbamazepine decreases Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet serum concentrations leading to low efficacy.
- Clozapine decreases the excretion of Riscon 0.5 mg Tablets leading to increased chances of side effects.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known interactions of Riscon 0.5 mg Tablet with food. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.