Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection
Revofer 500 MG Description
Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection contains ferric carboxymaltose. It is used to treat iron deficiency anaemia (a condition in which your body has too little of the mineral iron, requi
red to make haemoglobin) in adults. Iron is needed to produce the red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body. The injectable or parenteral form is advised when you could not tolerate or be successfully treated with iron supplements taken by mouth. It works by restoring iron storage in the body to make more red blood cells. It is given as an injection or infusion (saline drip) into a vein by your doctor or nurse. It may cause a temporary increase in blood pressure accompanied by facial redness, dizziness, and nausea and may disappear within 30 minutes. If you experience any adverse effect inform your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹552.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ferric Carboxy Maltose(500.0 Mg)|
Uses of Revofer 500 MG
Contraindications of Revofer 500 MG
- If you are allergic to ferric carboxy maltose or any other component of Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection.
- If you have a known serious allergy to other parenteral iron products.
- If you have anaemia not related to iron deficiency such as microcytic anaemia.
- If you have evidence of iron overload or disturbances in the utilisation of iron in the body.
Side effects of Revofer 500 MG
- Hypophosphatemia (decreased phosphate level)
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Revofer 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have decreased phosphate level.
- You have or had any liver or kidney disease.
- You have an infection or condition like asthma, skin infection.
- You have been advised by a doctor for any laboratory test and you are on parenteral iron.
- Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Revofer 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Revofer 500 MG
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Revofer 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Revofer 500 MG
- Store Revofer 500mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Injection at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original package to protect from light.
- Use immediately after dilution or first opening of the medicinal product. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Revofer 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food supplements are rich in iron?
- Leafy green food such as spinach, kale along with Vitamin C rich food like oranges, red peppers, and strawberries may increase iron absorption.
- Red meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Beans such as kidney beans, chickpeas, soybeans, black beans.
- Nuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, cashews, pistachio.