Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rantac 150 tablet is an acidity medicine. It contains Ranitidine as an active ingredient. It is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, indigestion and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Your doctor can prescribe you with this medicine for a short or long duration, depending on your condition. It would be best if you take Ranitidine as prescribed.
Uses of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac 150 is used for the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn and indigestion.
- For the treatment of acid reflux disease also called Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe, causing heartburn and irritation.read less
- For a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome where the stomach produces too much acid due to the presence of a tumour.
Contraindications of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to Ranitidine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Skin rashes
- Muscle pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Reversible impotency
- Breast enlargement in men
Precautions and Warnings of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Rantac 150 tablet during pregnancy?
Rantac 150 can be used by pregnant women only under medical supervision.
Can I take Rantac 150 tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rantac 150 if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the safety of Rantac 150 tablet during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rantac 150 tablet?
If you experience side effects like dizziness, avoid driving or using machines. This medicine does not affect the driving abilities of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with Rantac 150 tablet?
Alcohol increases acidity, heartburn. It is recommended to avoid excessive alcohol consumption with Rantac 150 tablet as it can worsen your underlying disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking certain pain-relieving medicine and have an ulcer in your stomach.
- You are an elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion).
- You have a history of any blood disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
- You are an older person having compromised immunity, lungs disorder or diabetes. There are chances of developing pneumonia.
- Severely ill or elderly persons may experience mental disorders like hallucinations, confusion and depression.
- You have kidney-related problems. You may require a different dose than a normal healthy individual, tell your doctor about it.
Mode of Action of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Rantac 150 tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn.
Directions for Use of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Rantac 150 tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine preferably 30 to 60 mins before taking the food.
- You should try to take this medicine every day at the same time.
Interactions of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines such as blood thinners like warfarin if needs to be taken concomitantly requires close monitoring of certain blood clotting parameters (increased or decreased prothrombin time).
- Caution is needed if you are taking Phenytoin, Diazepam, Amitriptyline (to treat mental conditions), Theophylline (to treat respiratory problems), Ciclosporin (as an immunosuppressant), Ketoconazole (to treat fungal infection), Diltiazem, Propranolol, Fluorouracil (to treat high blood pressure) and Epirubicin.read less
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rantac 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
You may experience vomiting if you have taken too much of this medicine. There are no specific signs of an overdose. Seek medical help or call a doctor immediately in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: Acid reflux is a condition characterized by burning pain in the area around the chest. In acid reflux disease acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes irritation and heartburn.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
- Yes, there are certain lifestyle modifications which can actually help you with acidity problems.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight & eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
- Avoid lying down for three hours after a meal and wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid pressure on your abdomen.
- Avoid sugar, processed food, meat, sodas, high protein diet, smoking and drinking alcohol.
Q: Can Rantac 150 tablet be used for acidity?
A: Yes, it can be used for heartburn and indigestion due to acidity but not frequently. Consult your doctor if you have persistent acidity problem, you may be prescribed with other medicines like antacids. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is a good time to take Rantac 150 tablet?
A: Rantac 500 tablet can be taken in the morning, evening or bedtime with or without food as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine 30 mins before consuming a meal or any beverage which causes acidity. For better results, you should take this medicine at the same time every day.
Other Products from this Brand
- Rantac 150 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac 150 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Rantac Mint Flavour Syrup 100 Ml
- Rantac 75 Mg Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Rantac Syrup 100 Ml
- Rantac Injection 2 Ml
- Rantac 150 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Rantac Infant Mint Flavour Syrup 30 Ml
Last Updated on: 06 Feb 2021 | 12:17 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved