Rabez It Capsule
Rabez It Capsule Description
Rabez It Capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing h
eartburn, chest discomfort and acidity. Rabez It contains rabeprazole and itopride as its active ingredient. This Capsule lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Rabez It Capsule should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals for the best result. It is advised to avoid the consumption of spicy and oily food while on this medicine, for effective results.
- Rablet It CapsuleBy Lupin10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 269.50₹ 229.07₹
- Happi It CapsuleBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 260.48₹ 221.41₹
- Veloz It CapsuleBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 269.15₹ 228.78₹
Uses of Rabez It Capsule
Contraindications of Rabez It Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, itopride or any of the ingredient of Rabez It Capsule.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the digestive system.
Side effects of Rabez It Capsule
- Stomach ache
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rabez It Capsule
- Components of Rabez It Capsule pass into the breast milk in small amounts and may harm the breastfed baby. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
- After assessing the necessity and safety, your doctor might either change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine or taking any steroid.
- You have a known medical condition such as liver or kidney problem, osteoporosis etc.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- On long term used, vitamin B12 supplements may be needed. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, or fever after taking this medicine
- Prolonged use of this medicine may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- It should not be used in children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Rabez It Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement of food in the digestive tract (especially stomach and intestines), thus accelerates emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Rabez It Capsule
- Swallow this Capsule as a whole with plenty of water without chewing.
- It should preferably in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rabez It Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Rabez It Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are taking methotrexate, anti-fungal medicines, antiviral medicines like atazanavir, atropine, benztropine etc.
- As this medicine contains rabeprazole and itopride, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rabez It Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C and try to keep it protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rabez It Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been taking this medicine for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: What should I do if I experience heartburn and stomach pain frequently?
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.