Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream Description
Proctosedyl BD cream is used to relieve pain and bleeding in piles and other diseases similar to it. Piles are usually characterized by pain while passing stools or blood in stools. It contains beclo
ethasone, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine. If you do not get your piles treated, it may lead to irritation, bleeding and many other complications. Beclomethasone helps in reducing inflammation and swelling, Phenylephrine helps bleeding and Lidocaine by its anaesthetic action relieves pain locally. Proctosedyl BD cream should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|You Save||₹15.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.25 %) + Phenylephrine(0.1 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, redness, irritation, thinning of the skin.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PILES|
Uses of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Contraindications of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine or any other ingredients of Proctosedyl BD cream.
- If you have an infection at the site of application unless you are simultaneously taking antibiotics prescribed by your doctor for it.
- This medicine is not meant to be used for children below 12 years of age.
- You should not use this cream for prolonged duration or excess quantities of Proctosedyl BD cream as it contains a steroid and local anesthetic.
Side effects of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You have any underlying conditions or diseases, your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly.
- You should avoid the contact of this cream with eyes, mouth or open skin wounds and accidental exposure to eyes, mouth, blisters and open wounds.
- You should avoid applying to a large area which may cause more of the cream to be absorbed and may cause blurred vision, dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty breathing, trembling, chest pain or irregular heartbeats....
- The use of Proctosedyl BD cream should be avoided for more than 14 days in any case without proper medical advice as this may lead to thinning of the skin around the area applied.
- You should take care not to damage your skin due to scratching, friction, hot or cold temperatures as due to the effect of this cream, you will not be able to feel pain due to the damage caused accidentally....
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Proctosedyl BD cream works by the combined action of its three constituents, Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lidocaine.
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness. As a result, it reduces the swelling, pain and itching in the anal area....
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor it acts on blood vessels and constricts the blood vessels of the anal area and thus, reduces bleeding and swelling. It can also reduce irritation and itching.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
- Use Proctosedyl BD cream as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instruction on the label carefully before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream.
- Avoid direct contact of the container with the wound.
- Use an applicator if the internal application is required.
Interactions of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this Proctosedyl BD cream is to be applied on the skin. It is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Proctosedyl BD cream with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine, any interactions seen with these 3 components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Proctosedyl BD should be used with caution with medicines used to treat disorders related to heart rate like Tocainide, Mexiletine and Amiodarone as the effect of these medicines on the heart is aggravated causing a decrease in heart rate....
Storage and disposal of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
- Proctosedyl BD cream should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It should not be frozen.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion or cream no longer required properly.
Dosage of Proctosedyl Bd 20gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Proctosedyl BD cream for piles and what are piles?
Q: What is an Anal fissure?
Q: Will it be more effective if I apply more Proctosedyl BD cream than what is advised?
Q: Can I stop using Proctosedyl BD cream if my symptoms go away?
Q: Is Proctosedyl BD and Anobliss same?
Q: What should I eat and what should be avoided if I have piles?
- Consume a diet with good amounts of fibre, as it can improve the passage of bowels.
- Consume whole grains, leafy vegetables, lentils and fruits.
- Avoid binge drinking and smoking and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it can put pressure on the anal area.
Q: What other things can I do to care for piles?
Q: How to apply Proctosedyl BD cream 20 gm for piles?
Q: Can this cream be used in children?
Q: How should I store Proctosedyl BD Cream 20gm?
Q: Can Proctosedyl BD Cream 20 mg be used for the long term?
Q: How many times a day I can use Proctosedyl BD cream?
Q: How long do I need to use Proctosedyl BD cream before I see improvement in my conditions?
Q: What is Proctosedyl BD cream used for?
Q: What is the composition of Proctosedyl BD cream?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Proctosedyl BD cream?
Q: Can I use Proctosedyl BD cream for anal fissure?
Q: Can Proctosedyl BD cream be used by lactating mothers?
Q: Is Proctosedyl BD cream safe for pregnant women?
Q: Can Proctosedyl BD cream be used for fungal infections?
Q: Can I use Proctosedyl BD cream for a long duration?
- Proctosedyl bd (Cream with Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 30 July 2022]
- Phenylephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 30 July 2022]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 30 July 2022]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 30 July 2022]