Prisben Ac 2.5% Gel
By PRISM LIFESCIENCE
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prisben Ac Gel is used for the treatment of acne. It contains benzoyl peroxide as an active ingredient. It works as a keratolytic and bactericidal agent. It kills the bacteria that causes acne and helps in shedding the dead skin by loosening the keratin layer. It may also produce a soothing effect on the skin by retaining moisture. While using Gel, you should follow a healthy skincare routine. Avoid using any product that may irritate or make your skin dry such as alcohol-containing products, cosmetics or soaps that dry the skin, medicated cosmetics. Wash your hands after applying this gel. Do not apply Prisben Ac Gel for any other skin condition....
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Prisben Ac 2.5% Gel
Uses of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
For the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
Contraindications of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
If you have a known allergy to benzoyl peroxide or any other ingredient of Prisben Ac Gel.
Side effects of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
Can I use Prisben Ac Gel during pregnancy?
There is no safety information available on the use of Prisben Ac Gel in pregnant women. This medicine should only be used by a pregnant woman if needed. Do not use it unless your doctor has told you that you can use this.
Can I use Prisben Ac Gel while breastfeeding?
Be cautious if you are using this product while breastfeeding. You must not apply this product near your chest to avoid exposure of the breastfed infant to this product.
Can I drive if I have applied Prisben Ac Gel?
It has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Prisben Ac Gel?
There is no known interaction between this medicine and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling or blistering on your skin after application of this product, discontinue and talk to your doctor.
- You should avoid exposure of this product to your eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane, if accidental exposure happens wash it immediately.
- This product may bleach your hair, clothes or fabrics, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after each application.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and do not apply this product on damaged skin.
Mode of Action of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
How Does It Work?
Prisben Ac Gel has keratolytic and bactericidal actions. It works by reducing the population of certain bacteria present on the skin responsible for acne and thus reduces the production of irritant fatty acids in the sebaceous glands. Of its keratolytic action, it helps in removing dead skin by loosening the keratin. It also helps in retaining the moisture in the skin....
Directions for Use of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
- Wash your skin with a mild cleanser before application of Prisben Ac Gel and pat it dry.
- Apply Gel in a thin layer once or twice or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- You should avoid exposure to sunlight while using this product, if that is unavoidable use this in the evening.
- Do not use more or less of this product or more often than directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Interactions of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Prisben Ac Gel is meant to be used on the skin hence it may not affect the action of other medicines consumed orally or taken via systemic route. However, this can affect the action of medication or products applied to the skin at the same time....
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about any topical product you are currently using or might use.
- You should not use medicines with peeling, drying or irritant effects on the skin, also avoid using other medicines for the treatment of acne simultaneously.
Storage and disposal of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Dosage of Prisben Ac 2.5 %
If you have applied too much of this gel you may feel irritation and redness on the skin, wash off the excess of Prisben Ac Gel. You can start using it again once the symptoms go away.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Prisben Ac Gel at the right time don't worry and use it as soon as you remember. Start using the product in the same way as before.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Prisben Ac Gel work?
A: It works by killing the bacteria responsible for acne. It also helps in removing dead skin by softening the upper layer of skin.
Q: For how long to use Prisben Ac Gel?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Prisben Ac Gel depending on your skin condition. Do not stop applying this medicine on your own.
Q: What are the side effects of Prisben Ac Gel?
A: Peeling, redness, dry skin, burning, itching, stinging at the application site. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Is Prisben Ac Gel good for pimples?
A: Yes, Prisben Ac Gel is good for pimples or acne. However, this cream should only be used if prescribed by the doctor.
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.