Pramirol Sr 2.1mg Tablet
Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG Description
Pramirol Sr Tablet contains Pramipexole as its active ingredient. It is used for treating the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. This medicine is not recommended for use in childre
n and adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
Contraindications of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
Side effects of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite, weight loss
- Swelling in the lower legs or hands
- Abnormal uncontrolled movements
- Hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, abnormal dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
- Pramirol Sr Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
- Pramirol Sr Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as it can reduce the production of breast milk.
- It is also unknown if Pramipexole passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking this medicine.
- An alternative medicine is a better option and especially when nursing a new-born or premature baby.
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your kidney
- You are suffering from any heart or blood vessels related diseases
- You notice that you are hallucinating, develop any abnormal, uncontrolled movements, cannot keep your body upright, sleepiness, problems with your vision while on treatment with Pramirol Sr Tablet. You should immediately contact your doctor....
- You notice any urge to behave in any abnormal way or notice any addicting behaviour like gambling, eating, etc.
- You or any of your family members notice that your are suffering from any mental health problems (depression, anxiety, etc) after taking this medicine.
- Pramirol Sr Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
- Pramirol Sr Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pramirol Sr Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- You should be cautious if you are taking any sedatives to calm you down along with this medicine.
- When you start taking Pramirol Sr Tablet along with taking levodopa (also used to treat Parkinson’s disease), your doctor will reduce the dose of levodopa.
- Medicines like cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), amantadine (used to treat Parkinson’s disease), mexiletine, procainamide (used in heart problems), zidovudine (used to treat HIV infection), cisplatin (used in cancer), quinine (used in malaria) should be used with along with Pramirol Sr Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
Dosage of Pramirol Sr 2.1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pramirol Sr Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Pramirol Sr Tablet on my own?
Q: How to take Pramirol Sr Tablet?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Pramirol Sr Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Pramirol Sr Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Pramipexole Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Pramipexole Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Pramipexole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Pramipexole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]