Pantosec D Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantosec-D tablet contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used in the management of acid reflux. In this condition, the acidic contents from the stomach rise into the food-pipe causing a burning sensation and discomfort in the upper abdomen. This medicine works by reducing the gastric acid secretion and provides relief from acidity, abdominal discomfort and gastric burning associated with it. Pantosec-D tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Pantosec D Tablet
Pantosec-D tablet is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease.
Contraindications of Pantosec D Tablet
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantosec D Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in the blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Pantosec D Tablet
Can I take Pantosec-D tablet during pregnancy?
- The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby.
- Do not use this medicine during pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Pantosec-D tablet while breastfeeding?
- Pantosec-D tablet passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantosec-D tablet?
If you experience headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantosec-D tablet?
There are no interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last one year.
Mode of Action of Pantosec D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantosec D Tablet
Pantosec-D tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Pantosec D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Pantosec-D tablet contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Pantosec-D tablet reduces the effect of medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir when used together.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin and Pantosec-D tablet may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate as it may increase the risk of side effects associated with Methotrexate.
- The effect of medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole is reduced when used together with Pantosec-D tablet.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat heart disorders like Disopyramide, medicine for psychotic disorders like haloperidol, anti-allergic medicines such as mequitazine with Pantosec-D tablet may result in unwanted side effects associated with the heart. Hence these combinations should be avoided.read less
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantosec D Tablet
- Store Pantosec-D tablet below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pantosec D Tablet
- Overdose symptoms may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Crocin be taken along with Pantosec-D tablet?
A: Yes, Crocin helps relieve fever or headache and can be taken with Pantosec-D tablet.
Q: What is the difference between Rantac 300mg tablet and Pantosec-D tablet?
A: Rantac 300mg helps control acidity, just like Pantosec D. However, Pantosec-D is more effective in controlling acidity and helps to provide better relief from nausea and acid reflux disease.
Q: Can I give Pantosec-D tablet to a 14-year-old?
A: Yes, Pantosec-D tablet can be given to a 14-year-old child if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long does Pantosec-D tablet take to work?
A: It takes around 2 hours for Pantosec-D tablet to work.
Q: is Vibact similar to Pantosec-D?
A: No, they are not similar. Vibact is a probiotic whereas Pantosec-D works to reduce gastric acid secretion and reduce reflux gastritis.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved