By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantonext 40 MG Description
Pantonext Inj contains the active substance Pantoprazole that belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications that reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Pantonext 40 MG
- Treatment of heartburn, acid regurgitation (sensation of acid in your throat or mouth), pain while swallowing that is caused due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- In the treatment of reflux oesophagitis (inflammation of oesophagus with regurgitation of acid in the stomach)
- In adults, it is used to prevent small intestine and stomach ulcers that are caused by long term use of painkillers called NSAIDs, e.g., Ibuprofen
- To treat one or more tumors formed in pancreas or upper part of small intestine (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
Contraindications of Pantonext 40 MG
- You are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other proton pump inhibitors
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine
Side effects of Pantonext 40 MG
- Injection site inflammation that forms clot or block in the vein (thrombophlebitis)
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Polyps in stomach
- Bloating and flatulence
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Sleep disorders
- Skin rash, rash with fever, redness or inflamed skin, itchy skin
- Fracture of the hip, wrist or spine
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Pantonext 40 MG
Can I take Pantonext Inj during pregnancy?
A moderate amount of data indicates that the use of Pantonext Inj in pregnant women does not affect the baby; however this medicine is preferred to be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you should use this medicine only if your doctor considers the benefit for you are more significant than the potential risk to your unborn baby.
Can I take Pantonext Inj while breastfeeding?
Pantonext Inj can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantonext Inj?
Pantonext Inj has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantonext Inj?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pantoprazole does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers)
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE)
Mode of Action of Pantonext 40 MG
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Pantonext 40 MG
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Pantonext 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages.
- However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantonext 40 MG
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Pantonext 40 MG
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection; therefore, it is unlikley that you overdose on the medicine.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been given Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- This medicine will be given only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- If there is relief in your symptoms, your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay