Palido Od 6mg Tablet
Palido Od 6 MG Description
Palido Od tablet is a prescription medication. It is used to manage schizophrenia. It is a psychotic disorder that changes one’s way of thinking, emotionally reacting and behaving in typical situatio
s. It has positive symptoms such as confusion and hallucination and negative symptoms like lack of facial expression and decreased speaking. Helping with all of them, predominantly negative symptoms, is the primary use of the Palido Od tablet. Paliperidone is the main active ingredient of the Palido Od tablet. The mode of action of the Palido Od tablet is to block receptors and increase dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain. Both chemical messengers help calm the mood and stabilise the overactivity of the nerve cells in the brain. These tablets are not meant for managing children under the age of 18. Tremors, dizziness, vomiting, etc., are some of the side effects of Palido Od tablets. It is vital to inform the doctor of any prescribed medicines being taken so they can check for any potential interactions and adverse effects. Also, inform the doctor if the patient suffers from other psychotic disorders or has any other history of health conditions.
Uses of Palido Od 6 MG
- As per CDSCO, Palido Od tablet is used to manage symptoms of acute and chronic schizophrenic disorders.
- It is also used for the maintenance of schizophrenia.
- It can manage both positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia but is mainly effective on those negative symptoms.
Contraindications of Palido Od 6 MG
- If you are allergic to the Paliperidone ingredient of Palido Od tablets.
- If you are already on other antipsychotic medications.
- If you are an older person with dementia (memory loss and inability to perform daily activities). Antipsychotic medicines like this can increase the risk of death in such patients.
- If you have a history of heart rhythm dysfunction such as QT elongation, irregular heartbeat, etc.
- If you are taking Levodopa to manage Parkinson's disease (psychotic condition).
- If you have fluctuating levels of electrolytes such as potassium or magnesium.
- If you are planning for a pregnancy or currently expecting.
- If you have neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a life-threatening reaction to antipsychotic medicines).
- If you are at high risk of having suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- If you have disorders with low white blood cell count.
- Note - the safety and effectiveness of this medication are not established in people under 18.
Side effects of Palido Od 6 MG
- Extreme Tiredness
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Saliva
- Weight Gain
Precautions and Warnings of Palido Od 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any history of mild liver or kidney condition.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner medication.
- You are using any medications like pain relievers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You are diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medications.
- You have a heart condition or had a stroke.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts and sudden mood changes.
- You use herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements.
- You are an older adult over the age of 65.
- You have diabetes. Try to monitor your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Palido Od 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Palido Od 6 MG
- Please take Palido Od tablets precisely as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this medicine without breaking or chewing it.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time of the day, before or after eating food.
- Do not use it with other medications without notifying your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if its packaging has been already opened.
- Do not stop using this medication abruptly, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
- Avoid surpassing the dosage of Palido Od tablets, even if you cannot notice its effects.
Interactions of Palido Od 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not recommended to take Palido Od tablets if you are already using other antipsychotic, antidepressant, or anti-seizure medications; using Palido Od tablets with these can cause severe adverse effects....
- Taking Palido Od tablets with divalproex sodium can increase the levels of Palido Od tables, which can lead to increased side effects.
- Try to be cautious with the dosage of these tablets if you are using sedatives, heart medicines, antimalarial medicines, antihistamines (cetirizine), etc. They can interact with Palido Od tablets and cause increased drowsiness....
- Taking Palido Od tablets with carbamazepine (anti-seizure medication) can increase the clearance of Palido Od tablets, which can result in reducing the effectiveness of this medicine.
- It is not recommended to take Palido Od tablets along with the medicines that lower blood pressure, as the Palido Od tablets can cause a sudden fall in blood pressure with a change in position (orthostatic hypertension)....
Interactions with food items
- There is no information available on the interactions of food with Palido Od tablets. It’s better to eat simple food while using Palido Od tablets. Try to avoid eating spicy food.
Storage and disposal of Palido Od 6 MG
Dosage of Palido Od 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I do if I have side effects for many weeks after taking Palido Od tables?
Q: Is it possible for me to gain weight after using Palido Od tablets?
Q: Can I use Palido Od tablets if I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder?
- Paliperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- Invega (paliperidone) extended-release tablets. Initial U.S. Approval: 2006. Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- Paliperidone [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- Paliperidone [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].