Painoxol C Tablets
Painoxol C Tablets Description
Painoxol C Tablet is a pain-relieving medicine with muscle relaxant properties. It is used for the treatment of painful muscle spasms associated with musculoskeletal conditions. This tablet is also u
sed to relieve pain after operations and surgeries. It is a combination medicine containing diclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone. This tablet works by interfering with the production of chemicals responsible for inflammatory reactions such as prostaglandin. Also, it relaxes the muscles by sending painful signals to the brain from the site of pain. Take it as per the dose, duration and frequency recommended by your doctor. It will be decided after assessing your condition. Take it with a meal regularly to complete the treatment duration.
Uses of Painoxol C Tablets
- Painoxol C Tablet is used for relieving pain and inflammation of muscles, joints and bones in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and injuries.
- It is also used for relieving pain, inflammation and swelling post surgeries and operations.
Contraindications of Painoxol C Tablets
- If you are allergic to diclofenac, paracetamol, chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of Painoxol C Tablet.
- If you are experiencing bleeding from stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older).
- This medicine should not be used for relieving pain before, during and after bypass surgery of heart.
Side effects of Painoxol C Tablets
- Liver problem
Precautions and Warnings of Painoxol C Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have Systemic lupus erththramoses (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic then concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Painoxol C Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Painoxol C Tablet works by the combined action of its three components.
- Diclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property.
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant which works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Directions for Use of Painoxol C Tablets
Interactions of Painoxol C Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Painoxol C Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pill can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate. Discuss with yoyr doctor before starting the treatment.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be used with caution as Myospaz Forte can increase the side effects of these medicines....
- Medicine used to treat gout-like Probenecid, medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Painoxol C Tablets
- Painoxol C Tablets should be store below 30°C, away from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.