Oxypur 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MARS THERAPUTICS & CHEMICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oxypur 200 MG Description
Oxypur 400mg Tablet is used to treat and prevent the symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. It contains doxofylline which works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the airways,
expanding them and making breathing easier.
Uses of Oxypur 200 MG
- Treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Contraindications of Oxypur 200 MG
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Allergy to the active components of this tablet or the components
Side effects of Oxypur 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Injection site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Oxypur 200 MG
Is it safe to use Oxypur 200 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Doxofylline should not be taken during pregnancy unless your doctor decides it is absolutely necessary after weighing the advantages and hazards.
Can I take Oxypur 200 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Doxofylline should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oxypur 200 mg tablets?
The product has no impact on the patient's attentiveness and hence does not impair your ability to drive or operate machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Oxypur 200 mg tablets?
There is inadequate data available; thus, consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems
- You have severe hypoxemia
- You have kidney or liver disorders
- You have an overactive thyroid gland
- You have a history of stomach ulcers
- You are above 60 years of age
- You are allergic to doxofylline
- You are taking herbal medications or nutritional supplements
Mode of Action of Oxypur 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Doxofylline primarily functions as a bronchodilator; it directly relaxes the bronchi and pulmonary vessels' smooth muscles.
Directions for Use of Oxypur 200 MG
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole
- Do not chew, crush or break it
Interactions of Oxypur 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- When used with Doxofylline, the therapeutic effectiveness of 1,2-Benzodiazepine might be reduced
- Co-administration of aceclofenac with doxofylline increases the risk and severity of hypertension
- When used with amphetamine, the severity of adverse effects increases
- the risk of hypotension increases when given with catechol-o-methyltransferase inhibitors like tolcapone
- Co-administration of betamethasone with doxofylline increases the risk of hypokalemia
- When provided with beta-blockers, the therapeutic efficacy of doxofylline can be decreased
- Co-administration of doxofylline with an antihypertensive agent may lead to a decrease in the antihypertensive effect
- Co-administration with an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin can increase the serum concentration of doxofylline
Storage and disposal of Oxypur 200 MG
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture
- Keep the medicines away from pets and children
- Properly discard the tablets if expired or no longer used
Dosage of Oxypur 200 MG
In case of overdose, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you miss an Oxypur 200mg tablet dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule. Do not take two tablets at once....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Doxofylline is available in which dosage forms?
A: Doxofylline is available in tablet, capsule, ampoule and syrup forms.
Q: Is there any specific antidote available in case of overdose?
- As no antidote is available yet, symptomatic treatment of cardiovascular collapse should be initiated in case of overdose.
Q: How much time does the tablet take to start acting?
A: After administration of the tablet, it starts showing its effect after about 40-60 minutes.
Q: What is Oxypur 400mg Tablet used for?
A: Oxypur 400mg Tablet is a bronchodilator used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It helps alleviate shortness of breath and coughing, offering symptomatic relief.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.