Orkid 4 Cream
Orkid 4 Cream Description
Orkid Cream is a topical medicine. It contains a combination terbinafine, clobetasol, ornidazole and ofloxacin. Orkid is an anti-infective preparation with steroids. It is used for the management of
various skin infections caused by fungus or bacteria. Orkid also relieves the symptoms of inflammatory conditions of the skin such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, etc. It prevents the growth and multiplication of infection-causing organisms and relieves the symptoms such as swelling, itching, patchy scales and redness. This Cream should be applied as directed by the doctor. While using this Cream you should also incorporate healthy hygiene habits to reduce the chances of getting an infection and try to keep the affected skin clean.
|You Save||₹12.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clobetasol + Ofloxacin + Ornidazole + Terbinafine|
|Uses||Mixed skin infection|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, irritation, dry skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Orkid 4 Cream
- Used to treat mixed and complicated infections of bacteria, fungal and protozoal.
- Inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc
Contraindications of Orkid 4 Cream
Side effects of Orkid 4 Cream
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Orkid 4 Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have recently used a topical preparation (cream, lotion, gel, etc.) containing steroids to treat your skin infection.
- You experience any skin allergies after using this medicine.
- You have open wounds, cuts, burns or aberrations on your skin.
Mode of Action of Orkid 4 Cream
How Does It Work?
- Terbinafine is an antifungal agent. It prevents the growth of fungus that can cause infection.
- Ofloxacin relieves bacterial infection and ornidazole fights against bacterial as well as infection due to protozoa.
- Ornidazole interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
- Clobetasol is a steroid. It relieves itching, irritation, redness & swelling of the skin.
Directions for Use of Orkid 4 Cream
- Wash the affected skin and dry it completely before applying.
- Take out the required quantity of Orkid Cream and apply gently to the affected area.
- Leave it and let it get absorbed, do not cover it with dressing.
- Avoid application of any other product after application of this Cream.
Interactions of Orkid 4 Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Orkid Cream is meant for external application and thus, it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally or via other routes.
- However, the application of this Cream for too long might lead to absorption of components of this Cream and might interact with other medicines.
- Discuss with your doctor this in detail before initiating the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Orkid 4 Cream
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.