Omisafe 1gm Injection
By INNOVATIVE PHARMACEUTICALS
1g Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omisafe 1 G Description
Omisafe 1gm Inj contains Ceftriaxone as an active ingredient. It is an antibiotic for severe infections.
|You Save||₹11.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftriaxone(1.0 G)
Uses of Omisafe 1 G
- Infection of the brain
- Respiratory tract infections (Pneumonia and COPD)
- Ear infections
- Abdominal infections
- Infection of urinary tract
- Bone and joint infection
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Infection of the lining of the heart and heart valve
- Infection caused by tick bite
- Infection of the surgical site before operation
Contraindications of Omisafe 1 G
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines known as cephalosporin
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems
- Do not give this injection to premature babies
- If a newborn is suffering from jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin in blood
- Ceftriaxone solution containing lidocaine should not be given as an injection
Side effects of Omisafe 1 G
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Decreased number of leucocytes (Leucopenia)
- Diarrhea, loose stools
- Increased liver enzymes
- Fungal infections
- Decrease in white blood cells (Granulocytopenia)
- Decreased red blood cells (Anaemia)
- Bleeding disorder like coagulopathy (a condition in which the ablity of blood to form clots is decreased)
- Itching at injection site
- Pain at the injection site
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Omisafe 1 G
Can I take Omisafe 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
- The medicine can be used in pregnant women and during the first trimester only if necessary
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or plaining a baby. Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Omisafe 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts and has no effects on the breastfed baby
- However, the baby should be monitored for side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if the medicine should be discontinued
Can I drive if I have consumed Omisafe 1gm Inj?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious/avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Omisafe 1gm Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advised to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver diseases
- You have kidney diseases or kidney stones
- You are suffering from gallstones
- You are suffering from anaemia (reduces red blood cells)
- You are suffering from bowel inflammation
- You have stomach disease or problems like diarrhea after taking antibiotics
- You have taken any medicine containing calcium recently
- If you are planning to get a blood test, it may intefere with the results
Mode of Action of Omisafe 1 G
How Does It Work?
It works by stopping the formation of cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes infection.
Directions for Use of Omisafe 1 G
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Omisafe 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Calcium containing diluents like ringer lactate should not be used for reconstitution
- Medicines known as oral anticoagulants (blood thinners) can increase the risk of bleeding
- Medicines known as aminoglycosides (antibiotics) increase the risk of kidney damage when given with this medicine
- Medicine such as local anesthetics which are known to cause methemoglobinemia (abnormal amount of methemoglobin - a type of haemoglobin)
Storage and disposal of Omisafe 1 G
- Store below 30°C
- Protect if from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Omisafe 1 G
- This injection will be given by your doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely you will receive more of this medicine
- However if you experience dizziness, fever, chills and stomach upset immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Omisafe 1gm Inj if I feel better after taking few injections?
A: No, you should always take the full course of antibiotics,as failing that may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor before you stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to Cefuroxime, can I take Omisafe 1gm Inj?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to cefuroxime. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics like cephalexin, cefadroxil & cefazolin etc.
Q: What other disease conditions should I discuss with my doctor before taking Omisafe 1gm Inj?
A: You should discuss with your doctor if you are on any other medication. If you have any stomach, kidney or liver disease. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Can I take Omisafe 1gm Inj injection at home or on my own?
- No, it should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor under medical supervision.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay