Olfic 200mg Tab
By KESHAV HEALTHCARE
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olfic 200mg Tab is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold etc. Take the medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or the missing dose of antibiotics can fail therapy. You should also tell the doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting the medicine....
Uses of Olfic 200mg Tab
Olfic 200mg Tab is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Olfic 200mg Tab
If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other medicines from fluoroquinolone class of medicines and other ingredients of Olfic 200mg Tab .
Side effects of Olfic 200mg Tab
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Olfic 200mg Tab
Can I take Olfic 200mg Tab during pregnancy?
Due to limited information available on its safety, it is not recommended in pregnancy.
Can I take Olfic 200mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Olfic 200mg Tab can pass into human breast milk and harm the baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olfic 200mg Tab ?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking the medicine. Avoid driving or using tools or machines while taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Olfic 200mg Tab ?
You should not drink alcohol while taking the medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, tendons, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Olfic 200mg Tab .
- If the age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- You may suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose may occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Olfic 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting the growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Olfic 200mg Tab
- Take the medicine as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Olfic 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines interfere with the action of Olfic 200mg Tab , if taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicine you are taking, all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment for other disorder.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used to reduce stomach acid must be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Olfic 200mg Tab
- Store Olfic 200mg Tab at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Olfic 200mg Tab
If you have taken too much of the medicine than prescribed, then it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, hot and cold flushes etc. Contact the doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital in case of an overdose and you may experience such symptoms....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Olfic 200mg Tab ?
- You need to complete the full course of Olfic 200mg Tab , as per the doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to the antibiotic in the future.
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Olfic 200mg Tab ?
A: When on treatment with Olfic 200mg Tab , be careful and do not expose yourself to the sunrays. It results in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed too much to the sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is the dosage of Olfic 200mg Tab ?
A: Olfic 200mg Tab should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take the medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Is Olfic 200mg Tab habit forming?
A: No, habit-forming tendencies have not been reported with Olfic 200mg Tab .
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.