Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml Description
Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop are used for the treatment of superficial bacterial infections, inflammation, allergic reactions of the eye or ear. It is a combination of ofloxacin (an antibiotic) and dexametha
sone (a steroid). This medicine is not to be used if you have any viral disease, fungal disease, tuberculosis disease of the eye, damaged perforated eye surface, ulcerated cornea and/or increased intraocular pressure. It can cause common side effects like white deposits on the surface of the eyeball, burning sensation, redness, irritation in the eye and change in taste. You must follow directions carefully & do not miss any dose. If you have used more than the prescribed dose, then rinse your eyes with lukewarm water immediately. Always consult your doctor before using Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if you are using this medicine in children below 1 year of age.
|Contains||Ofloxacin(0.3 %) + Dexamethasone(0.1 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial infections of ear/eyes|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
|Therapy||OCCULAR OR OTIC ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop.
- If you are having any viral disease, fungal disease, tuberculosis disease of the eye, damaged perforated eye surface, ulcers in the cornea.
Side effects of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
- White deposits on the surface of the eyeball
- Burning sensation
- Redness in the eyes
- Irritation in the eye
- Change in taste
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Dry eyes
- Itching and eye discharge
- Ear discomfort
- Ear pain
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You have any tendon related problems, especially in old age patients.
- You have a history of allergic reactions to oral or intravenous use of this medicine.
- You notice any allergy after using Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop.
- You use contact lenses, avoid using them during bacterial or any infection of the eye and during treatment with medicine also as it contains one substance which can cause discolouration of soft contact lenses....
Mode of Action of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop contains two medicines.
- One agent is ofloxacin, an antibiotic that interferes with the DNA synthesis of bacteria and inhibits bacterial growth and multiplication.
- Another agent is Dexamethasone, a steroid that inhibits the substances required for inflammation and thus reduces the inflammation related to an infection or injury.
Directions for Use of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
- Use Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after the application of the drops.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them and then instil the drops.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye or ear drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are using more than one eye product, then each eye drop should be used with a gap of 5 mins at least to avoid any interactions.
- Inform your doctor if you are using medicines to treat increased intraocular pressure and antiviral medicines as then the dose of this medicine needs to be adjusted. There can be more risk of white deposits on the eye surface if you are using other phosphate-containing eye medicines. ...
- Inform your doctor if you are using medicines for fits or attacks, medicines for the treatment of tuberculosis, medicines used to treat low heartbeats before using this medicine.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
- Keep Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store this medicine at a temperature below 25°C and do not refrigerate or freeze this medicine.
- Once you open this eye drop, it may become contaminated, which can cause eye infections.
- To avoid this, you must throw away the bottle after 4 weeks from when you opened it.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Oflomac 0.3% E/E Drops 5ml
- If you think you have instilled too much of Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop, wipe out the extra quantity with cotton and tissue.
- If you feel any undesirable symptoms due to over-application, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop a steroid?
Q: My parents are also having similar complaints, can I use Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop for them?
Q: Today is the 5th day of treatment with Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop. Till when do I need to take it?
Q: What are the side effects of Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop?
Q: When do you use Oflomac Eye/Ear Drop?
- Ciloxan 0.3% w/v eye drops, solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Ciloxan 0.3% w/v eye drops, solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Dropodex Eye Drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Dropodex Eye Drops - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]