Odoxil 500mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Odoxil Tablet contains Cefadroxil which is a higher antibiotic. It belongs to the Cephalosporin group of medicines. Odoxil 500 Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, airways and skin. This medicine kills bacteria by inhibiting their growth. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, preferably at the same time every day. Take Odoxil 500 with meals, to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as it may result in treatment failure and recurrence of the symptoms. You may experience diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting while on this medicine. If these side effects worsen or remain persistent, reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
Uses of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
Odoxil Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin & skin structure infections, throat, lungs, airways only.
Contraindications of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
- If you have any allergic reaction to Cefadroxil or other Cephalosporin antibiotics or any other ingredients of the Odoxil Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to Penicillin.
Side effects of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion
- Allergic reactions (skin rash or itching)
Precautions and Warnings of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
Can I take the Odoxil Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of the Odoxil Tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if it is prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefits and needs.
Can I take the Odoxil Tablet while breastfeeding?
- A component of the Odoxil Tablet passes into the breastmilk in minimal amounts. However, it is not expected to cause any harm to the newborn baby.
- If your baby develops thrush, rash or diarrhoea then breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Odoxil Tablet?
Odoxil Tablet does not have an effect on your ability to drive a vehicle or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Odoxil Tablet?
Alcohol should be avoided along with the Odoxil Tablet as it can worsen the side effects. It is advised to limit alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop fever, weakness and the Odoxil Tablet is known to cause a decrease in white blood cells, hence you may experience repeated infections, visit your doctor to get your white blood cell count tested.read less
- You develop difficulty in breathing, swelling on your face, chest tightness, rashes, immediately visit the hospital as this is a serious side effect and can be life-threatening.
- You notice blood in your urine or back pain.
- You have an allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience weakness, loss of appetite as these could be due to decreased red blood cell count.
Mode of Action of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Odoxil Tablet works by stopping the growth of the bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
Odoxil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Gentamicin, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim, Chloramphenicol, Polymyxin B, Vancomycin, Colistin.
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid).
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure (water pills/ Diuretics like Furosemide).
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
- Keep Odoxil Tablet in the original packaging to protect it from light and moisture.
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Odoxil 500mg Tablet
- An overdose of Odoxil Tablet can result in difficulty in breathing, dizziness, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness, muscle contractions or coma.read less
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Odoxil Tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking the Odoxil Tablet without completing the full course. Though you may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course as not all the bacteria are killed with a few treatments. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: Do I need to be cautious about anything while taking the Odoxil Tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience these symptoms.
- This antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take this medicine on your own.
- Odoxil Tablet is also not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts only against bacteria.
Q: Shall I take the Odoxil 500 Tablet before or after meals?
A: Odoxil 500 should be taken preferably after meals to avoid an upset stomach.
Q: What is the Odoxil 500 Tablet used for?
A: Odoxil Tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefadroxil as its active ingredient. It is mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the ear throat, airways, skin, urinary tract and lungs caused by various susceptible organisms.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved