Nogacid 20mg Capsule
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nogacid 20mg Capsule contains Omeprazole as an active medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
It is used in treating acid-related conditions of the stomach and intestines like heartburn, ulcers, etc. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it or if you are on medications like esomeprazole, pantoprazole, nelfinavir. Take this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
- Nogacid 20mg Capsule is used to treat heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is used in treating ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- It is also used to manage a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Nogacid 20mg Capsule.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are taking nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Abnormal tissue growth in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
Can I take Nogacid 20mg Capsule during pregnancy?
Nogacid 20mg Capsule can be taken during pregnancy.
Can I take Nogacid 20mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Omeprazole passes into human milk but in small amounts and may not harm the baby. Hence, it can be used by a breastfeeding woman.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nogacid 20mg Capsule?
This medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well.
Can I consume alcohol with Nogacid 20mg Capsule?
Consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine does not affect the way it works. However, avoid consuming alcohol in excess, as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver
- You experience abnormal weight loss
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing
- You have a family history of stomach cancer
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea
- You are expected to take Nogacid 20mg Capsule for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with it
Mode of Action of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump present in the stomach wall is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole present in Nogacid 20mg Capsule binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus
blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
- Take Nogacid 20mg Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food, preferably in the morning.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Nogacid 20mg Capsule with Nelfinavir and Atazanavir used to treat HIV infection is not allowed.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with antifungals such as Posaconazole and anticancer medicine like Erlotinib should be avoided.
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with this medicine, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like Clopidogrel, Cilostazol, Phenytoin, Saquinavir, Tacrolimus, Methotrexate, Rifampicin, Clarithromycin and Voriconazole should be used cautiously with Nogacid 20mg Capsule.
Interactions with food items
This medicine is to be taken on an empty stomach, at least 40 minutes before meals.
Storage and disposal of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
Store it below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not flush the unused medicine in the toilet or pour them int
o the drain....
Dosage of Nogacid 20mg Capsule
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, depression, confusion. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine,
then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What specific information should I give to my doctor before taking Nogacid 20mg Capsule?
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications or supplements. Also, share with him if you have a personal/family history of stomach cancer, a history of any infection, cirrhosis of the liver or any other critical medical condition....Read more
Q: I am experiencing heartburn and abdominal pain frequently. What should I do?
A: There are several reasons which may cause heartburn and abdominal pain. Try to observe if a particular dietary ingredient is causing this issue and avoid it. Also, avoid very oily and fried food. Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after this and get proper treatment done. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is the use of Nogacid 20mg Capsule?
A: Nogacid 20mg Capsule is used for the treatment of chest pain and heartburn due to stomach acid. It is also used in the treatment of several forms of ulcer of the gut and conditions of excessive stomach acid production.
Q: Can I take Nogacid 20mg Capsule before food?
A: Yes, you should always take this medicine at least 40 mins before food, preferably in the morning before breakfast.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved