Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Nogacid 20 MG Description
Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules contains Omeprazole as an active medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced i
n the stomach. It is used in treating acid-related conditions of the stomach and intestines like heartburn, ulcers, etc. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it or if you are on medications like esomeprazole, pantoprazole, nelfinavir. Take this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|₹6.97 (15% on MRP)
- Omey 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.29₹ 55.29₹ 2.76/Capsule
- Omee 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.29₹ 45.0014.45% CHEAPER₹ 2.25/Capsule
- Ocid 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.28₹ 55.28₹ 2.76/Capsule
- Omez 20 Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.20₹ 55.21₹ 2.76/Capsule
Uses of Nogacid 20 MG
- Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules is used to treat heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is used in treating ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- It is also used to manage a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Nogacid 20 MG
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are taking nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Nogacid 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Abnormal tissue growth in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Nogacid 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your liver
- You experience abnormal weight loss
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing
- You have a family history of stomach cancer
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea
- You are expected to take Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with it
Mode of Action of Nogacid 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nogacid 20 MG
- Take Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food, preferably in the morning.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nogacid 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules with Nelfinavir and Atazanavir used to treat HIV infection is not allowed.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with antifungals such as Posaconazole and anticancer medicine like Erlotinib should be avoided.
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with this medicine, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like Clopidogrel, Cilostazol, Phenytoin, Saquinavir, Tacrolimus, Methotrexate, Rifampicin, Clarithromycin and Voriconazole should be used cautiously with Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Nogacid 20 MG
Dosage of Nogacid 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What specific information should I give to my doctor before taking Nogacid 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules?
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications or supplements. Also, share with him if you have a personal/family history of stomach cancer, a history of any infection, cirrhosis of the liver or any other critical medical condition....