Nexito 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nexito 10 mg tablet is used for the treatment of depression and panic disorders. It contains escitalopram as its main component. It works by enhancing the serotonin level in the brain which improves mood and helps in relieving anxiety and depression. Nexito 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting the doctor. Before using Nexito 10 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Nexito 10 MG
Nexito 10 mg tablet is used to treat depression, anxiety and panic disorders.
Contraindications of Nexito 10 MG
- If you are allergic to escitalopram or other ingredients of Nexito 10 mg tablet.
- If you take other medication for the treatment of Parkinson disease (selegiline), depression (moclobemide) or are taking amtibiotics (linezolid).
- If you have abnormal heart rhythm problem or are taking medicines for the same.
Side effects of Nexito 10 MG
- Runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Nexito 10 MG
Can I take Nexito 10 mg tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Nexito 10 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Nexito 10 mg tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as it may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nexito 10 mg tablet ?
Nexito 10 mg tablet may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Nexito 10 mg tablet ?
It is advised not to consume alcohol with Nexito 10 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having any allergy with escitalopram or other ingredients.
- You have an impaired kidney and liver.
- You have diabetes or low levels of sodium in blood.
- You have tendency to develop bleeding, or you easily bruise.
- You suffer from irregular heart rhythm or any other heart disorders.
- You had or have eye disorders.
- You have fits.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are taking medicines containing buprenorphine.
- You are receiving an electroconvulsive treatment.
Mode of Action of Nexito 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Nexito 10 mg tablet works by acting on serotonin system in brain by increasing the serotonin level. Any change in serotonin can cause anxiety or depression disorders. Increase in serotonin enhances the mood....
Directions for Use of Nexito 10 MG
- Nexito 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nexito 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nexito 10 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time as some MAO inhibitors. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, bacterial infections, migraine, severe pain, stomach ulcers, fungal infections, malaria, heart problems. If you have taken any of the medicines (like phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide and tranylcypromine) you will have to wait for 2 weeks before starting Nexito 10 mg tablet....
Interactions with food items
Nexito 10 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Nexito 10 MG
- Keep Nexito 10 mg tablet out of reach from children and pets.
- Don't take medication if it has been expired.
- It doesn't require any special storage conditions.
- Ask your pharmacist to dispose this medication if it is not in use.
Dosage of Nexito 10 MG
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tremor, agitation, low blood pressure, fast heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Nexito 10 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Nexito 10 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much Nexito 10 mg tablet Shoild I take?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration and frequency of Nexito 10 mg tablet after accessing your condition. Do not take this medicine on your own or for a longer duration than prescribed.
Q: How long to take Nexito 10 mg tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Nexito 10 mg tablet will depend on the cause of illness and response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Should Nexito 10 mg tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Nexito 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
- Escitalopram 10mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 September 2021]
- Escitalopram 10mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 September 2021]
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 September 2021]
- CDSCO - Escitalopram [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 September 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.