Mupimet 2% Oint 10gm
Mupimet 2 % Description
Mupimet ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin, which belongs to a class of medicines called antibiotics. Mupimet ointment is mean
t for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
- B Muce 2% OintBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries5g Ointment in TubeMRP 148.50₹ 126.22₹
- T Muce Oint 5gmBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd5g Ointment in TubeMRP 115.00₹ 92.00₹
- T Bact 2% Oint 5gmBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma5g Ointment in TubeMRP 147.35₹ 125.25₹
- T Bact 2% Ointment 15gmBy Glaxosmithkline15g Ointment in TubeMRP 351.20₹ 298.52₹
- Mupimet 2% Oint 5gmBy Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd5g Ointment in TubeMRP 143.00₹ 114.40₹
- Mupibact 2% OintBy Palsons Drugs & Chemicals5g Ointment in TubeMRP 119.00₹ 119.00₹
- Mupidos Ointment 5 GBy Gbk Healthcare5g Ointment in TubeMRP 108.00₹ 91.80₹
- K Bact 2% Oint 5gmBy Indi Pharma Pvt Ltd5g Ointment in TubeMRP 144.63₹ 144.63₹
- Mupi Xl Ointment 15gmBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp15g Ointment in TubeMRP 251.00₹ 213.35₹
Uses of Mupimet 2 %
Contraindications of Mupimet 2 %
Side effects of Mupimet 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Mupimet 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are applying Mupimet ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Mupimet 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mupimet 2 %
- Mupimet ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- You may cover the treated area with a bandage or suitable dressing.
- Wash your hands before and after using this ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Mupimet 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Mupimet 2 %
- Store Mupimet ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Mupimet 2 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mupimet ointment be used for fungal infections?
Q: Does Mupimet ointment contain a steroid?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 November 2021]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 November 2021]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 November 2021]