5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxinow Tablet contains a combination of Moxifloxacin and Cefixime. It is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various types of bacterial infection of lungs and airways. It inhibits the formation of cell walls and stops the multiplication of the various susceptible bacterial organisms. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Provide detailed information about medical conditions and medications, along with family history to your doctor. Moxinow Tablet should not be used in pregnant and nursing mothers. You may experience headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, gas, confusion and stomach pain. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
Uses of Moxinow Tab
Moxinow Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection of lungs and airways mainly in adults.
Contraindications of Moxinow Tab
- If you are allergic to Moxifloxacin, Cefixime or any other component of Moxinow Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you have any heart-related disease or disorder including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have or had an imbalanced electrolyte level.
- If you had experienced tendon disease or disorder due to treatment with quinolone class of medicine.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Moxinow Tab
- Headache, dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, gas
- Difficulty in breathing
- Rash, Itching
- Increased levels of liver enzymes and blood components
Precautions and Warnings of Moxinow Tab
Can I take Moxinow Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Moxinow Tablet on pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Moxinow Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Moxinow Tablet on a nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxinow Tablet?
If you experience any of the side effects of Moxinow Tablet like confusion, loss of consciousness, fits, dizziness and headache that affects the ability to drive, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxinow Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Moxinow Tablet as it may increase the undesired effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases, including an irregular heartbeat.
- You are on any medication to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- You have or had liver, renal disease.
- You have or had a history of fits, confusion, loss of consciousness or psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterized by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level after taking Moxinow Tablet.
- You experience vision disorder or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Moxinow Tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure to direct or indirect sunlight when on Moxinow Tablet. Always use sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Moxinow Tab
How Does It Work?
- Moxinow Tablet contains Moxifloxacin and Cefixime.
- Moxifloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
- Cefixime is an antibiotic which inhibits the formation of bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial death.
Directions for Use of Moxinow Tab
Moxinow Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Moxinow Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat such as quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodarone; antipsychotic medicines such as phenothiazines, pimozide, sertindole, amitriptyline; antimicrobial medicines to treat bacterial infection such as saquinavir, sparfloxacin, erythromycin IV, pentamidine; antiallergic medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, mizolastine should not be used concomitantly with Moxinow Tablet.read less
- Medicines known to lower potassium level such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, amphotericin B, prednisolone should not be used concomitantly with Moxinow Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat acidities such as didanosine tablets, sucralfate and medicine containing zinc and iron should not be co-administered with Moxinow Tablet.
- Charcoal should not be administered along with Moxinow Tablet, as it can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Moxinow Tablet may enhance the effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin.
- Moxinow Tablet may lower the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicines such as glibenclamide when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moxinow Tab
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moxinow Tab
Excess of Moxinow Tablet may alter the heart rhythm characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG) and the risk of damage that affects the brain, fits particularly in case of overdose or renal impairment. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of Moxinow Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Moxinow Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Moxinow Tablet. Complete the full course of treatment even if you start feeling better, else you might experience the treatment failure and the increased risk of recurrence of the infection.
Q: Can the use of Moxinow Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Moxinow Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.read less
Q: Is Moxinow Tablet used to relieve pain?
A: No, Moxinow Tablet is not a painkiller. It only treats bacterial infection and provides relief from the symptoms of infection.
Q: What if I don't get better after using the Moxinow Tablet?
A: If you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment with Moxinow Tablet and also if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Q: What precautions do I need to take while taking Moxinow Tablet?
- Avoid direct or indirect exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light during the therapy with Moxinow Tablet. Apply sunscreen.
- Avoid any other vitamin or mineral supplements or medicines while on this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart disease.
- If you are on any anti-clot medicine, talk to your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Reach out to the doctor soon if you experience fits, irregular heartbeats or any other symptoms.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 10:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved