Mikacin 100mg Injection
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
2ml Injection in Vial
Non ReturnableRead More
Mikacin 100mg Inj is an aminoglycoside antibiotic, is used for treating bacterial infections and has a preventive nature.
Uses of Mikacin 100mg Inj
- Joint infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
Contraindications of Mikacin 100mg Inj
- Those allergic to any aminoglycosides should not take this medicine.
- Patients of myasthenia gravis should not use it.
- Those with nervous disorders or hearing problems are advised against taking the medicine.
- People suffering from kidney disorders are contraindicated for this medicine.
Side effects of Mikacin 100mg Inj
- Balance problems
- Rash on the skin
- Hearing problems
- Low blood pressure
- Severe renal failure
- Anaemia, i.e. decrease in the number of red cells
- Eosinophilia, i.e. large increase in the number of white cells
Precautions and Warnings of Mikacin 100mg Inj
Can I take Mikacin 100mg Inj during pregnancy?
Since the medicine can harm the foetus, it is not recommended for use by pregnant women.
Can I take Mikacin 100mg Inj while breastfeeding?
Mikacin 100mg Inj passes onto the breast milk in small quantities. You should consult your doctor before taking it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mikacin 100mg Inj?
If you experience any dizziness, you should not take this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Mikacin 100mg Inj?
It is not known if this medicine interacts with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Inform your doctor about your complete past and current medical history, including any herbal medicines or nutritional supplements.
- You must particularly provide details about any kidney disorders and ear problems like tinnitus.
Mode of Action of Mikacin 100mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Mikacin 100mg Inj acts by inhibiting bacterial growth.
Directions for Use of Mikacin 100mg Inj
You should take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor in the exact dosage. It is best to have it administered in a clinical set up.
Interactions of Mikacin 100mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Amphotericin B
- Furosemide and other diuretics
- It is important to inform your doctor if you are taking any such medicines since it may cause severe kidney problems or hearing loss.
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of Mikacin 100mg Inj with food.
Other general Interactions
The medicine can worsen kidney problems and hearing problems.
Storage and disposal of Mikacin 100mg Inj
You should store the medicine in a safe place, and keep it away from children, heat and moisture.
Dosage of Mikacin 100mg Inj
Overdose can cause serious kidney problems and may put the patient on life-long dialysis.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of this medicine, you should call your doctor immediately and fix an appointment to take the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be taken at home?
A: You can take the medicine on your own provided you have been guided by a healthcare expert on the correct methods.
Q: Does the medicine affect vaccines?
A: It can reduce the effect of some live or weakened vaccines; hence, you must consult your doctor before taking any vaccines.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
Q: The side effects of this medicine may be considerable for infants. It is given to children in a dose as prescribed by a medical professional only.
Q: Is it safe to undergo dental surgery while taking this medicine?
A: Before you undergo any dental procedure, you should inform your dentist about the dose and frequency in which you take Mikacin 100mg Inj.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved