Met B3g Od Capsules
Met B3g Od Capsules Description
Met B3 Od Capsule is an anti-infective medicine. It is used in treating infections of various parts of the body caused by many microorganisms, including bacteria and amoeba-like organisms (protozoan
parasites). Met B3 Od Capsule contains metronidazole as its active ingredient. This medicine is not recommended to be used by pregnant women and lactating mothers and should be used with caution in elderly patients. Met B3 Od Capsule should be taken as instructed by the doctor. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine as prescribed by the doctor and not stop taking this medicine abruptly, even if you feel better.
Uses of Met B3g Od Capsules
- Met B3 Od Capsule is used to treat parasitic infections such as amoebiasis.
- It is used to prevent sexually transmitted infections such as urogenital trichomoniasis or giardiasis.
- It is also used to treat infections of the gums, teeth and skin due to various infective microorganisms.
Contraindications of Met B3g Od Capsules
- If you are allergic to metronidazole or other ingredients of the Met B3 Od Capsule.
- If you are pregnant (first trimester) or are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from a bacterial infection in the vagina.
Side effects of Met B3g Od Capsules
- Abdominal cramps
- Eating disorder
- Unpleasant taste
- Pain or stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Met B3g Od Capsules
- The consumption of alcohol along with Met B3 Od Capsule can lead to the chances of disulfiram-like reaction where you may experience low blood pressure, hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and sometimes giddiness....
- It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment. You should not be consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least for 48 hours after the treatment with Met B3 Od.
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from blood disorders like blood-fluid imbalance (dyscrasias) or porphyria.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy.
- You are taking the Capsule for more than 10 days.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You experience infections after taking the Met B3 Od 400 mg medicine.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations like pins and needles).
- You have liver or kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- You are suffering from Cockayne syndrome (growth retardation, impaired development of the brain and sensitivity to sunlight).
- You are an alcoholic and must avoid alcohol during the treatment and at least after 48 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
Mode of Action of Met B3g Od Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Met B3g Od Capsules
Interactions of Met B3g Od Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Met B3 Od Capsule when taking along with Lithium which is used to treat psychiatric disorders can cause kidney damage.
- Concomitant use of Met B3 Od Capsule with anticoagulants like Warfarin may potentiate the anticoagulant effects.
- Concomitant use of disulfiram which is used to treat alcohol addiction can cause mental disorders like hallucinations, etc.
- Concomitant use of Met B3 Od Capsule can reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives. Thus, a physical barrier should be used for effective contraception.
- Be cautious if you are taking immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin with Met B3 Od Capsule as it can increase the levels of ciclosporin in the body.
- Other medicines which may affect the activity of Met B3 Od Capsule are antacids like Cimetidine, Fluorouracil to treat cancer, Phenytoin or Primidone to treat fits or epilepsy.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are giving to your child currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Met B3g Od Capsules
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Met B3g Od Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Met B3 Od Capsule be used to treat Urinary tract infection?
Q: Is Met B3 Od Capsule addictive?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole 500 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Flagyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]