Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
25g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Melanocyl ointment is used in the treatment of vitiligo (white patches on the skin), for the prevention of sunburns and for the prevention of premature ageing. It contains two active components methoxsalen and aminobenzoic acid. It may take several weeks to treat a skin condition, so your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups to check the clinical condition. Do not apply if you are allergic or you have any other skin problems. Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any other conditions, especially skin conditions or you are taking medicines for it. Stop the medicine and contact your doctor if you develop any symptoms related to hypersensitivity.
Uses of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
- Melanocyl ointment is used in the treatment of vitiligo, a skin condition of white patches that appears on different parts of the body.
- It provides protection from sunburn and helps in preventing premature ageing of the skin.
Contraindications of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any kind of autoimmune disorder or blood-related disorder.
- If you are suffering from skin diseases or any other condition that makes you more sensitive to light.
- If you are suffering from a condition characterized by skin, hair, or eyes to have little or no colour.
Side effects of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
- Allergic reactions
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
Can I apply the Melanocyl ointment during pregnancy?
It is advisable to consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. After careful examination, he may advise the minimum quantity for a minimum duration.
Can I apply the Melanocyl ointment while breastfeeding?
Safety in breastfeeding mother is not completely established. Hence, it is not recommended to use it if you are breastfeeding. Avoid applying this cream around the breast area as this increases the risk of ingestion by the newborn. So consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have applied the Melanocyl ointment?
It is a topical preparation and it will not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol during the treatment with the Melanocyl ointment?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the body's response to infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You have any underlying medical condition like heart problem, liver or kidney-related disorders, eye-related disorders.
- You should avoid being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this cream, to reduce the chances of photosensitization (which means skin damage due to UV or sunlight). Try to use a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and full clothes to avoid exposure.read less
- Do not use this medicine in children below 12 years of age.
- When applying this medicine to the face, be careful to avoid contact with the eyes. If it gets in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- You should avoid using it on inflamed or sunburned skin, due to the possibility of severe irritation.
- You develop any allergic reactions or sunburns during the treatment, contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
How Does It Work?
Methoxsalen on activation by sunlight inhibits the process of cell multiplication, thus it helps in decreasing the abnormal skin cell growth. Aminobenzoic Acid protects the skin from harmful sunrays this prevents sunburn of skin and premature ageing of the skin.
Directions for Use of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
- For external use only, apply it on affected areas as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Gently rub and cover entirely the affected area for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If your condition does not improve consult your doctor.
- Your doctor may advise other medicines to add with it.
Interactions of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Melanocyl ointment is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.read less
- Especially, if you are already using topical medicated soaps, shampoos, cleansers or products with a high concentration of alcohol, as it can increase the irritation with Melanocyl ointment.
- Caution is advised if you are also taking medicines that increase sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitizers) like thiazides (as antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides (as antibiotics to treat infection), phenothiazines to treat brain disorders, because of the risk of side effects associated with exposure to the sun.read less
Storage and disposal of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
- This ointment should be stored below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use it after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Melanocyl Tube Of 25gm Ointment
As this medicine is meant for external application cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What Is the use of the Melanocyl ointment?
A: It is used in the treatment of vitiligo (it is a condition in which there are appearances of white patches on different parts of the body). This medicine also reduces the overgrowth of the skin. It provides protection from sunburn and helps in preventing premature ageing of the skin.
Q: How does the Melanocyl ointment work?
A: Melanocyl ointment contains a medicine known as Methoxsalen and Aminobenzoic acid. Methoxsalen on activation by sunlight inhibits the process of cell multiplication, thus it helps in decreasing the abnormal skin cell growth. Aminobenzoic Acid protects the skin from harmful sunrays this prevents sunburn of the skin and premature ageing of the skin.
Q: Can I take other medicine with the Melanocyl ointment?
A: Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions like medicines for psoriasis, high blood pressure, bacterial and fungal infections.
Q: How to use the Melanocyl ointment?
A: Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated. Gently rub and cover entirely the affected area for days and time advised by your doctor. Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested. In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately. If your condition does not improve consult your doctor.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 April 2021]
- Methoxsalen Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 19 April 2021]
- Aminobenzoic Acid Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 19 April 2021]
|You Save||₹20.74 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methoxsalen(0.75 %w/w),Aminobenzoic Acid(2.0 %w/w)|
|Side effects||Rashes, allergic reaction, skin sensitivity at the site of application|
Last Updated on: 24 Apr 2021 | 05:46 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved