Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mega CV tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infection in many different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints, dental.
It contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It belongs to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid act synergistically to produce an optimal effect by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. You should continue taking this medicine or else it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or if it worsens....
Uses of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Mega CV tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections like sinus infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Fungal infection of skin and nails
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take the Mega CV tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Mega CV tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of the Mega CV tablet passes into breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are consuming this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Mega CV tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as dizziness, fits after taking the Mega CV tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Mega CV tablet?
It is recommended to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins or any other medicine.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mega CV tablet acts by killing the bacteria that are responsible for infections.
- However, the bacteria make an enzyme (Beta-Lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as it may lead to tr
Interactions of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Mega CV tablet or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains Amoxicillin & Clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occurwith this combination....Read more
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....Read more
- In particular, if you are on certain medications like anti-cancer medicines such as Methotrexate, anti-gout medicines like Allopurinol, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, etc.
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with anticoagulants like warfarin, acenocoumarin. There is a need to check with blood tests like PT-INR.
Storage and disposal of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store this medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Mega Cv 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Taking the Mega CV tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you
have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for yo
ur next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor as soon as possible if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to Penicillin. Can I take the Mega CV tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to Penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always let your doctor know about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will the Mega CV tablet treat my tooth infection?
A: Yes, the Mega CV tablet can be used to treat dental infections as well. Depending upon your infection and condition, your doctor may prescribe you the desired one.
Q: Can I take the Mega CV tablet without food?
A: No, it is recommended to take this medicine with food. It will prevent you from having stomach issues when consumed with meals.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹24.03 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 11:40 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved