Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Suspension 60ml
Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML Description
Mefanorm Suspension is for pediatric use. It reduces fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
. It contains mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Mefanorm Suspension must be given to the child as advised by the doctor.
- Mefkind P Bottle Of 60ml SuspensionBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 36.80₹ 29.44₹
- Meftal P Mango Flavour Bottle Of 60ml SuspensionBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 36.50₹ 31.02₹
Uses of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
- To relieve fever and pain in children
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children)
Contraindications of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
- If the child is allergic to mefenamic acid or other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Mefanorm Suspension.
- If the child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If the child suffers from asthma.
- If the child has or had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If the child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If the child suffers from epilepsy.
- If the child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- The child has blood tests to be done, it is important to inform the doctor about the ongoing treatment with Mefanorm Suspension.
- The child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Treatment with Mefanorm Suspension must not be continued for more than 7 days unless it is prescribed for Still's disease.
- The child has asthma or prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- The child may suffer from a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- The child has a stomach ache.
- The child may suffer from epilepsy, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
- Mefanorm Suspension should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Do not give it directly from the bottle
Interactions of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Mefanorm Suspension works, or Mefanorm itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mefanorm 100 MG/5ML
- Store Mefanorm Suspension at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets