Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
By SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mefanorm Suspension is for pediatric use. It reduces fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
It contains mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Mefanorm Suspension must be given to the child as advised by the doctor....
Uses of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
- To relieve fever and pain in children
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children)
Contraindications of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
- If the child is allergic to mefenamic acid or other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Mefanorm Suspension.
- If the child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If the child suffers from asthma.
- If the child has or had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If the child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If the child suffers from epilepsy.
- If the child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The child has blood tests to be done, it is important to inform the doctor about the ongoing treatment with Mefanorm Suspension.
- The child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Treatment with Mefanorm Suspension must not be continued for more than 7 days unless it is prescribed for Still's disease.
- The child has asthma or prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- The child may suffer from a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- The child has a stomach ache.
- The child may suffer from epilepsy, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid in Mefanorm Suspension acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
- Mefanorm Suspension should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Do not give it directly from the bottle
Interactions of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Mefanorm Suspension works, or Mefanorm itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
- Store Mefanorm Suspension at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mefanorm 100mg/5ml Susp 60ml
If you have given too much of Mefanorm Suspension to the child, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed giving a dose of Mefanorm Suspension to the child, give it as soon as you remember. If it's the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and give the next dose at the scheduled time.
Avoid a double dose for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Mefanorm Suspension used for?
A: It is used for fever and pain relief in children.
Q: Can I take Mefanorm Suspension on an empty stomach?
A: No, the medicine must be taken after having food.
Q: Is Mefanorm Suspension a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain killer. It is effective for pain only.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 05:48 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved