Lotas 50mg Tablet
By TAS MED INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine is classified under the group of angiotensin-II receptor antagonists (ARAs). The generic name of this medicine is losartan that is an anti-hypertensive medication used to manage the blood pressure.
Uses of Lotas 50mg Tab
- This medicine is used to manage and regulate diabetic kidney disease, myocardial infarction (heart attack causing the dysfunction of left lower chamber of the heart), chronic heart failure and high blood pressure.read less
Contraindications of Lotas 50mg Tab
- Liver or kidney diseases
- Renal artery stenosis (narrow blood vessel in kidney)
- Allergic to it or other ARAs
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
Side effects of Lotas 50mg Tab
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling of face, lips and throat
- Excessive drop in blood pressure
- High levels of potassium in blood
- Low blood sugar
- Reduced red blood cells
- Rhabdomyolysis (skeletal muscle injury)
Precautions and Warnings of Lotas 50mg Tab
Can I take Lotas 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
Kindly avoid the administration of this medicine if you are pregnant (or if you are planning to start a family) as it is harmful for the foetus.
Can I take Lotas 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be administered in the period of breastfeeding because it is not safe for the child.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
This medicine does not hamper the driving ability of an individual; hence, it is safe to drive after taking this medicine. However, if you experience any of the side effects associated with this medicine, kindly do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as it may lead to increased risk of side effects such as drop in blood pressure, sedation and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes-related kidney problems heart failure with or without renal impairment, diarrhoea or excessive vomiting, renal artery stenosis, liver disease, or had a history of angioedema (swelling of lips, face, throat and tongue)read less
- You had surgery for kidney transplant
- You have heart disease and severe disease of irregular heart beats
Mode of Action of Lotas 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Lotas 50mg Tab works by obstructing the binding of angiotensin ll to its receptors; thus, allowing the blood vessels to relax and leading to a decrease in blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Lotas 50mg Tab
The medicine should be consumed in the same quantity directed by the healthcare provider.
Interactions of Lotas 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
A low-fat diet must be followed, and high-potassium foods should be avoided. Otherwise, this medicine does not interact with any other medicines.
Other general Interactions
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding woman or suffering from diarrhoea or excessive vomiting, blockage or narrowing of blood vessels of kidneys (renal artery stenosis), liver/kidney diseases, angioedema (or its history) (swelling of lips, face, throat and tongue), high blood pressure and diabetes-related kidney problems, you must seek alternate treatment options.
Storage and disposal of Lotas 50mg Tab
The medicine must be stored at the proper room temperature in the absence of sunlight, heat and moisture. Correct disposal of the unused and expired medicines should be done by following the standard waste regulation protocols.
Dosage of Lotas 50mg Tab
Overdose of Lotas 50mg Tab can lead to side effects such as dizziness, loss of consciousness, extremely low blood pressure, or kidney failure along with increased levels of potassium in the blood. In that case, please immediately report to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have skipped a dose, take it at the earliest as you recall its administration time. If it is nearly the time for the upcoming regular dose, avoid the missed dose and stick to the regular schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I report my healthcare provider before beginning the use of this medication?
A: You should report the entire details of your medical/surgical past along with the intake of all prescription, non-prescription and herbal medicines and the history of diabetes to the doctor.
Q: Is the dosage of this medicine standard across all patients?
A: No, the dosage of Lotas 50mg Tab is not standard across all patients as it varies from individual to individual depending upon the type and the specifications of the condition.
Q: Is this medicine legal in India?
A: This medicine is legally available to be purchased in India. A valid doctor's prescription is mandatory in the purchase of this medicine.
Q: Can I administer this medicine to children?
A: Do not administer this medicine to children as it is restricted to be used by adults only. You should get the child checked by a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
Q: How should I use this medicine?
A: This medicine needs to be taken orally. Kindly follow the directions provided by the doctor for its appropriate usage.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Cozaar 25 mg film-coated tablets.
- DailyMed. Label: Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide – losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide tablets tablet, film coated.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Losartan.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:10 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved