Loraxin 10mg Tablets
By VITABALANS OY
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Loraxin 10 MG Description
Loraxin Tablet contains loratadine, an anti-allergic medicine. It works by blocking the action of the natural chemical histamine in the body. Loraxin helps to relieve allergic symptoms like a runny o
r blocked nose, watery eyes, itching and redness of the skin. It should not be used for children below 2-years of age. This medicine can make you feel drowsy, tired, have headaches and increased appetite. Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions and are on any medicines.
|Side effects||Sleepiness, headache, increased appetite, tiredness|
Check more medicines with composition as Loratadine(10.0 Mg)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Loraxin 10mg Tablets
- Alorti 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mohrish Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 54.40₹ 5.44/Tablet
- Itu Tablets 10'sBy Yuzderm Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.00₹ 78.00₹ 7.8/Tablet
- Alaspan 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 134.40₹ 114.24₹ 11.42/Tablet
- Lorfast Meltab 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.75₹ 9.78/Tablet
- Lorinol 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.30₹ 7.82/Tablet
Uses of Loraxin 10 MG
Loraxin Tablet is used to treat allergic conditions like a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes (e.g. in hay fever) and a skin condition with pale or red irregular raised patches and severe itching (urticaria)....
Contraindications of Loraxin 10 MG
If you are allergic to Loratadine or any other component of Loraxin Tablet.
Side effects of Loraxin 10 MG
- Increased appetite
- Worried behaviour
Precautions and Warnings of Loraxin 10 MG
Can I take Loraxin Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Loraxin Tablet on human pregnancy. Use only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Loraxin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Loraxin Tablet passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, it should not be used by breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Loraxin Tablet?
Loraxin Tablet has no impact on the ability to drive. However, if you feel drowsiness or dizziness after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Loraxin Tablet?
You should not drink alcohol while you're taking Loraxin Tablet as it can make you feel sleepy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You or your child has liver or kidney disease.
- You are about to have skin tests, you have to stop taking this medicine at least 48 hours before skin testing.
- Loraxin Tablet is not recommended for children below 2-years of age.
Mode of Action of Loraxin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Loraxin Tablet contains Loratadine, which acts by blocking the action of the natural chemical substance histamine in the body. Histamine can cause sneezing, itching, watery eyes, runny and blocked nose and allergy symptoms....
Directions for Use of Loraxin 10 MG
- Loraxin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Loraxin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of ketoconazole, erythromycin and cimetidine with Loraxin Tablet can increase the effect of loratadine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Loraxin 10 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Loraxin 10 MG
Excess of Loraxin Tablet can cause sleepiness, drowsiness, increased heart rate and headache. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Loraxin Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Loraxin Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Loraxin Tablet, along with the desired effect, has side effects as well but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of Loraxin Tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor, who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine that does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Is Loraxin Tablet effective?
A: Loraxin is effective if you take it at dose and duration, as advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this Tablet once you start feeling good, the symptoms may return or worsen.
Q: When and how to take Loraxin Tablet?
A: Always take Loraxin Tablet as advised by your doctor at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. You can take it with or without food.
- Loratadine 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Loratadine 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed