Lopez 1mg Tablet
Lopez 1 MG Description
Lopez tablet is a prescription medication used to manage the symptoms of anxiety disorders and short-term treatment of anxiety in patients with depression. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect the
way you feel, and they can also sometimes be accompanied by clinical depression. The reasons behind most mood disorders are mostly unknown. It can be caused by common triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Lopez tablets contain lorazepam as an active ingredient. It acts as a central nervous system depressant. It reduces the excess activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers, which produces a calming effect. They also help stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. Some of the common side effects of Lopez Tablet include sleepiness, dizziness, weight gain, etc. These tablets can cause behavioural changes and increase the tendency of suicidal thoughts. Lopez tablets also cause physical dependency when you use them for the long term. So, it is essential to monitor the dosage and use it only for a short time and as recommended by the doctor. Also, you should not stop using Lopez medicine suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like sudden muscle movements, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹4.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Anxiety in people with depressive symptoms|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, changes in appetite, restlessness or excitement, changes in sexual desire, frequent urination, difficultly in urination|
Uses of Lopez 1 MG
- As per CDSCO, Lopez Tablet is used for,
- Treatment of anxiety disorders.
- Short-term treatment of symptoms associated with anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms.
Contraindications of Lopez 1 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Lopez medicine.
- If you have any history of medicine or alcohol abuse. This medicine is habit-forming and can cause physical dependence.
- If you are noticing self-harming or suicidal thoughts and behaviours.
- If you have been diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition that increases the fluid pressure inside the eye, this medicine can worsen the condition.
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions, this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you have a severe liver condition.
- If you are planning for a pregnancy or are already pregnant.
- If you have been diagnosed with severe depression.
- If you drive or operate heavy machinery.
Side effects of Lopez 1 MG
- Memory problems
- Change in sexual drive
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Lopez 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person over 65 years of age. Lopez Tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered down.
- You need to do something that requires maintaining steady focus; Lopez tablets can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have a history of heart, kidney or liver conditions.
- You have a seizure disorder and are currently under treatment for it.
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You are overweight. The dose needs to be monitored.
Mode of Action of Lopez 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lopez 1 MG
- Take the Lopez Tablet exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of this medicine, even if you cannot notice any effects.
- Do not break the Lopez Tablet or chew it.
- Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Lopez Tablet with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use the Lopez tablet if the package has been opened.
Interactions of Lopez 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use sedatives or antidepressant medicines if you are using this medicine. The reactions between them can cause unwanted effects. Inform your doctor if you have used any in the last 14 days.
- If you use other medicines that are similar to Lopez Tablets. Taking them together can cause excessive side effects.
- If you are using antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
- When you are using a Lozep Tablet, do not use opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine, with this tablet. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- Lopez Tablet interacts with many medications. Inform your doctor of the full list of the medicines you are currently using.
- Using Lozep Tablets with certain herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St. John’s wort, herbal medicine that helps manage depression can cause serious effects.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known food interactions with Lopez Tablets. You can take this tablet with or without food. If you are experiencing any stomach issues, take it after food.
Storage and disposal of Lopez 1 MG
Dosage of Lopez 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Lopez Tablets to a child?
Q: Will I become dependent on the Lopez Tablet if I use it every day?
Q: Can I use the Lopez Tablet if I have depression?
- Lorazepam: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from:
- NHS choices. NHS; [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from:
- Ghiasi N. Lorazepam [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from
- Lorazepam [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from: