Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml Description
Laxitas Syrup is a laxative medicine used to treat constipation. It contains magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia), sodium picosulfate and liquid paraffin as its active ingredients. Laxitas acts by
increasing the movement of the intestine and softens the stool, thus easing defecation. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. If you are a pregnant or nursing woman, consult your doctor before using this medicine. Always shake the bottle well before consuming the syrup. Inform the doctor if you are on other medications or have any medical conditions. Prolonged use of the Laxitas Syrup is not recommended.
|You Save||₹27.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Picosulfate(3.33 Mg) + Liquid Paraffin(1.25 Ml) + Magnesium Hydroxide / Milk Of Magnesia(3.75 Ml)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, stomach pain|
Uses of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
Contraindications of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
- If you are allergic to milk of magnesia, sodium picosulfate, liquid paraffin. or any ingredients present in the Laxitas Syrup.
- If you have a planned surgery particularly any abdominal surgery.
- If you have severe dehydration.
- If you have intestinal obstruction or any condition related to the intestine.
- If you are pregnant or are a breastfeeding woman.
- If you have a severe painful abdominal condition such as appendicitis associated with fever and vomiting.
- If you have a kidney or stomach-intestinal condition or disease.
- Laxitas Syrup is not recommended in children.
Side effects of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
Other General Warnings
- You are a pregnant or a nursing woman.
- You may have altered liver and kidney function.
- You experience any unusual signs and symptoms like stomach pain or vomiting or nausea, difficulty in swallowing.
- You are on a low-sodium diet.
- Laxitas Syrup is meant for prolonged use and must not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
How Does It Work?
- Laxitas Syrup contains active ingredients like milk of magnesia, sodium picosulfate and liquid paraffin.
- Milk of magnesia acts as an antacid as well as a laxative. It helps in the retention of water in the intestines as well as neutralizes the acid.
- Sodium picosulfate works by stimulating the movements of the large intestine and the accumulation of the water inside the colon.
- Liquid paraffin acts as a lubricant and let the stools soft and pass from the anus smoothly without any discomfort.
Directions for Use of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
- Laxitas Syrup should be taken at bedtime or as directed by the doctor.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Do not exceed the quantity suggested by the doctor.
- It would be best if you take/administer it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not administer it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Laxitas Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. ...
- Especially, if you are taking antibacterial and antifungals such as azithromycin, cefpodoxime, isoniazid, itraconazole, rifampicin, etc as it may alter the activity of the Laxitas Syrup.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-hypertensive medicines, atazanavir, fosamprenavir (antivirals), fexofenadine (antihistamines), gabapentin and phenytoin (antiepileptics), lansoprazole (ulcer healing), iron preparations, rosuvastatin (lipid-lowering) and antipsychotics medicines, etc....
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
- Store it in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Laxitas Sugar Free Vanilla Flavour 200ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I get the Laxitas Syrup without a prescription?
Q: When is the right time to take/administer the Laxitas Syrup?
Q: Can I take the Laxitas Syrup daily?
Q: What should I do if constipation is not treated with the Laxitas Syrup?
- D M Pharma- Laxative | Liquid Paraffin + Milk of Magnesia + Sodium Picosulfate Suspension|Contract Medicine Manufacturing Company [Internet]. Dmpharma.co.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- DailyMed - EQUALINE MILK OF MAGNESIA- magnesium hydroxide suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Picolax - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Mil-Par Oral Suspension [Internet]. E-lactancia.org. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]