Lansofast 30mg Capsule
Lansofast 30 MG Description
Lansofast Capsule is used for the treatment of stomach or intestinal ulcers, inflammation in the oesophagus (oesophagitis), and Zollinger–Ellison syndrome (a disease in which tumours cause the stomac
h to produce too much acid, resulting in peptic ulcers). It contains lansoprazole as its active component. Lansofast works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Take this medicine at the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Lanzol 30mg CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 76.50₹ 7.65/Capsule
- Lanspro 30 Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 284.50₹ 241.82₹ 16.12/Capsule
Uses of Lansofast 30 MG
- Lansofast Capsule is used in treating heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is also used for the treatment of ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of the food pipe (oesophagitis) due to stomach acid.
- This medicine is also useful in the management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Lansofast 30 MG
Side effects of Lansofast 30 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Lansofast 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to Lansofast.
- You are in any anti-HIV medicines.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 3 months, as it may lower the magnesium level in the body.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12, as this medicine may alter the levels of vitamin B12.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have bone fracture.
- You experience diarrhea.
- You have skin reaction or skin condition such as systemic lupus erythomatous (SLE).
Mode of Action of Lansofast 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lansofast 30 MG
- Lansofast Capsule should be taken as advised by your doctor. It should be preferably taken 30 minutes before meals.
- If you are giving it to your child, dissolve the Capsule in a small quantity of water and allow it to disintegrate. Give this dissolved Capsule solution to your child within 15mins.
Interactions of Lansofast 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection such as atazanavir and nelfinavir, should not be used concomitantly with this Capsule.
- Lansofast can increase the effect of medicine like methotrexate (used to treat autoimmune disease and cancer).
- Medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, rifampicin (used to treat infections) should not be taken along with Lansofast Capsule. If both the medicines are to be taken along, then a minimum gap of 1 hour should be maintained between both....
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with this Capsule.
- Co-administration of Lansofast with warfarin (used to treat blood clots) may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Lansofast may decrease the effectiveness of theophylline (used to treat asthma), tacrolimus (immunomodulatory medicine) when taken along.
- Some medicine like fluoxamine (mood related disorder), sucralfate (anatacid), rifampicin (anti-infective medicine) may decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Lansofast 30 MG
- Store Lansofast Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Lansofast 30 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Lansofast Capsule?
Q: What should I do if I frequently experience heartburn and stomach pain?
- Try to observe if a particular dietary ingredient is causing this issue and avoid it.
- Also, avoid very oily, spicy and fried food.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol.
- Do not eat heavy meals before going to bed.
- Exercise regularly.
Q: What is Lansofast Capsule used for?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Lansoprazole 30 mg orodispersible tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- DailyMed - GOOD NEIGHBOR PHARMACY LANSOPRAZOLE- lansoprazole capsule, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- JUNIOR LANZOL ODT [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]