Ketoadd Strip Of 20 Tablets
Ketoadd 200 MG Description
Ketoadd tablet is a prescription medicine containing alpha ketoanalogue as an active ingredient. It is used to treat chronic kidney disease and diabetic kidney disease. Alpha ketoanalogue contains es
sential amino acids and calcium amino acids, which is required in severe kidney diseases (or chronic Kidney Diseases). Ketoadd tablet is used as a supplement to low protein diets. It should be taken with meals. Ketoadd tablet can increase the calcium level as a side effect so the doctor may advise avoiding a calcium-rich diet. Sometimes doctors may ask for a few blood tests like lipid profile test or calcium test during the treatment.
Uses of Ketoadd 200 MG
Contraindications of Ketoadd 200 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredient of the Ketoadd tablet.
- If you have a high level of calcium in the blood.
- If you have deficient protein metabolism.
Side effects of Ketoadd 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Ketoadd 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of inherited blood disease.
- You need to monitor the calcium levels regularly during the treatment because sometimes the Ketoadd tablet leads to high levels of calcium in the body.
- You are taking antacid medicines along with this medicine, you make require to monitor phosphate level in blood.
- You should take adequate calories during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Ketoadd 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ketoadd 200 MG
- Take the Ketoadd tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food but it should ideally be taken with a meal.
Interactions of Ketoadd 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of calcium-containing supplements should be avoided, as it may increase the calcium level in the body.
- Medicines like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin and medicines containing iron should not be taken along with the Ketoadd tablet. There should be at least two hours gap between these medicines and the Ketoadd tablet....
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements before starting with Ketoadd tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ketoadd 200 MG
- Store it at room temperature.
- Store it in original packaging to protect it from moisture.
Dosage of Ketoadd 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take my calcium supplements along with the Ketoadd tablet?
- Sometimes the Ketoadd tablet leads to a rise in calcium level (hypercalcaemia) in the body, so the intake of calcium supplements should be reduced. In case of persisting hypercalcaemia, the dose of the Ketoadd tablet, as well as the intake of any other calcium sources, has to be reduced. ...
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements.