Isotroin 20mg Capsule
Isotroin 20 MG Description
Isotroin 20 mg capsule contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. Take Isotroin 20 mg capsule as instructed by the doctor. Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Clean the face gently with a mild soap/facewash, limit the use of oil-based or greasy cosmetics and avoid rubbing, scratching or squeezing pimples. Before using Isotroin capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning for a baby or are breastfeeding and regarding the detailed medical history.
- Rosarex 20mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 126.0061.93% CHEAPER₹ 12.6/Capsule
- Isoin 20mg CapsuleBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 325.00₹ 325.001.81% CHEAPER₹ 32.5/Capsule
- Sotret 20mg CapsuleBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 336.00₹ 285.6013.72% CHEAPER₹ 28.56/Capsule
- Zitblow 20mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 291.48₹ 247.7625.14% CHEAPER₹ 24.78/Capsule
- Tufacne 20mg CapsuleBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 293.27₹ 249.2824.68% CHEAPER₹ 24.93/Capsule
- Tretiva 20mg CapsuleBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 253.00₹ 215.0535.02% CHEAPER₹ 21.51/Capsule
- Lacne 20mg CapsuleBy La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 252.00₹ 214.2035.29% CHEAPER₹ 21.42/Capsule
- Tetilin 20 Mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 179.30₹ 152.4056.65% CHEAPER₹ 15.24/Capsule
Uses of Isotroin 20 MG
Contraindications of Isotroin 20 MG
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of Isotroin 20 mg capsule.
- If you have high blood cholesterol.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have high levels of vitamin A in your body.
- If you are taking tetracyclines like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline (antibiotic).
Side effects of Isotroin 20 MG
- Dry skin
- Back pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Isotroin 20 MG
- Isotroin 20 mg capsule must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any problems with your mental health.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or plan to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Isotroin 20 mg capsule
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Isotroin 20 mg capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Directions for Use of Isotroin 20 MG
Storage and disposal of Isotroin 20 MG
- Store Isotroin 20 mg capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Quick Tips of Isotroin 20 MG
- Isotroin 20 mg capsule is used to treat severe acne which has not responded to any other treatments.
- Take this capsule in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
- Complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Take these capsules with food to improve absorption and reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding before starting the Isotroin capsule.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Isotroin 20 capsules might make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so apply sunscreen and wear protective clothing while going outside.
- These capsules also cause dryness of the skin, lips and eyes. Use a moisturizer and lip balm regularly and use eye drops if needed.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated.
- While using Isotroin 20 capsules, avoid taking vitamin supplements containing vitamin A, as this might result in vitamin A toxicity.
- Touching your face can spread bacteria and oils, which can worsen acne. Avoid picking, popping or squeezing your pimples, as this can also lead to scarring.
- Keep your skin clean by washing your face twice or thrice a day with a gentle cleanser.
Dosage of Isotroin 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Isotroin 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Isotroin 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Isotroin 20 mg capsule.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of this medicine with other creams and ointments like benzoyl peroxide, tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin, should be avoided.
Interactions with food items
- Isotroin 20 mg capsule should be taken with or after having your food.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Isotroin 20 mg capsule on my own?
Q: Does Isotroin 20 mg capsule make your skin dry?
Q: How long do I need to take Isotroin capsule?
Q: What is the composition of Isotroin capsule?
Q: What is the best time of day to take Isotroin capsules?
Q: What are the side effects of Isotroin 20?
Q: How does Isotroin work?
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]