Isotroin 20mg Capsule
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isotroin Capsule contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. Take Isotroin Capsule as instructed by the doctor. Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid self-medication and do not recommend the medicine to others even if they are having the same symptoms. Always discuss with your physician if you have any medical condition including any other skin problems.
Uses of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
Isotroin Capsule is used to treat severe acne which has not responded to any other treatments.
Contraindications of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of Isotroin Capsule.
- If you have high blood cholesterol.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have high levels of vitamin A in your body.
- If you are taking tetracyclines like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline (antibiotic).
Side effects of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
- Dry skin
- Back pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
Can I take Isotroin Capsule during pregnancy?
- Isotroin Capsule must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.read less
Can I take Isotroin Capsule while breastfeeding?
Isotroin Capsule is likely to pass into your milk and may harm your baby, hence it should not be used during breastfeeding and should consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Isotroin Capsule?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly and dizziness. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Isotroin Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Isotroin Capsule, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any problems with your mental health.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or plan to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Isotroin Capsule
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Isotroin Capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
A high amount of oil can cause severe acne. Isotroin Capsule works by decreasing the oil in the skin and reducing the production of facial oil thus preventing acne.
Directions for Use of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
- Take Isotroin Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Isotroin Capsule.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of this medicine with other creams and ointments like benzoyl peroxide, tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin, should be avoided.
Interactions with food items
- Isotroin Capsule should be taken with or after having your food.
Storage and disposal of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
- Store Isotroin Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Isotroin 20mg Capsule
Excess of this medicine will lead to high levels of vitamin A in the body and symptoms such as headache, nausea or vomiting, sleepiness, irritability and itching. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Isotroin Capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by a doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Does Isotroin Capsule make your skin dry?
A: Isotroin Capsule may make your skin a little dry, hence you should keep yourself well hydrated and keep moisturizing your skin.
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 May 2021 | 06:21 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved