By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hyzewin Syrup is used to manage allergic skin conditions such as itching, hives and an itchy inflammation of the skin. It is an anti-allergic medicine containing hydroxyzine as an active ingredient. Hyzewin helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. It works by blocking the action of a substance called Histamine, which produces allergies. Syrup Hyzewin should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Shake the bottle of Hyzewin well, before each use....
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Hyzewin Syp
Uses of Hyzewin 10 MG
Hyzewin Syrup is used for the management of skin allergies such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema
Contraindications of Hyzewin 10 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyzine, other anti-allergic medicines or other ingredients of Hyzewin Syrup.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had heart problems or if your heart rate is very low.
- If you have low salt levels in your body (e.g. low level of potassium or magnesium).
- If you are an asthmatic with a history of asthmatic attack upon anti-allergic use.
- If you have porphyria (a condition which causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Uncontrolled movements
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Hyzewin 10 MG
Can I take Hyzewin Syrup during pregnancy?
Hyzewin Syrup should not be used during pregnancy or if you are planning pregnancy as it can lead to malformations and impact the brain functions of the growing baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, tell your doctor immediately and discontinue the medicine.
Can I take Hyzewin Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Hyzewin Syrup, as it may harm the baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or breastfeeding after accessing the benefit of treatment to the mother and breastfeeding to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hyzewin Syrup?
Hyzewin Syrup may make you feel sleepy and make you feel less alert than usual for the first few days after you start taking it. If you experience any of this, do not drive or operate machinery until this effect has worn off.
Can I consume alcohol with Hyzewin Syrup?
You should not consume alcohol while on treatment with Hyzewin Syrup as the sedative effects of alcohol may be increased.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations, trouble breathing after taking Hyzewin Syrup.
- You have any problems with your kidney or are on dialysis.
- You have a liver function problem.
- You have an enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to the stomach, intestine or ulcers.
- You have muscle weakness or a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This Syrup may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- Hyzewin Syrup should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have a slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Hyzewin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a chemical mediator that is responsible for allergic reactions. It is normally produced when your body senses something harmful, such as infection or foreign particles. Hyzewin blocks the action of Histamine. Therefore, inhibiting Histamine-mediated reactions and reduce the symptoms of allergies....
Directions for Use of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Take Hyzewin Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this Syrup on your own.
Interactions of Hyzewin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Hyzewin Syrup should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- This Syrup should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants....
- Additive anticholinergic effects (blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention, constipation) may occur if this medicine is taken with Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of Hyzewin Syrup leading to increased side effects....
- It could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- This Syrup should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Symptoms of overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual.
- Typical side effects of overdosage of Hyzewin Syrup include confusion, slurred speech and experiencing restless, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation....
- Seek urgent medical help if you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any side effects of Hyzewin Syrup?
A: You may experience side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, feeling lazy, slow or slurred speech. However, not everyone gets them.
Q: What is Hyzewin Syrup used for?
A: Hyzewin Syrup is used for the management of skin allergies such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema
Q: Can we use Hyzewin daily?
A: You can take Hyzewin daily but for a specific duration only suggested by the doctor depending on the underlying condition. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: Can I take Hyzewin for itching?
A: Yes, Hyzewin is an anti-allergic medicine and helps in certain allergic conditions. However, avoid self-medication. Only if prescribed by the doctor, you may take it.
Q: Is Hyzewin Syrup safe?
A: Yes, Hyzewin Syrup is safe if you take it exactly as directed by your treating doctor. Inform your doctor if you experience any of the side effects.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.