Hyzewin Syrup 100ml
Hyzewin 10 MG Description
Hyzewin Syrup is used to manage allergic skin conditions such as itching, hives and an itchy inflammation of the skin. It is an anti-allergic medicine containing hydroxyzine as an active ingredient.
Hyzewin helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. It works by blocking the action of a substance called Histamine, which produces allergies. Syrup Hyzewin should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Shake the bottle of Hyzewin well, before each use.
Uses of Hyzewin 10 MG
Contraindications of Hyzewin 10 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyzine, other anti-allergic medicines or other ingredients of Hyzewin Syrup.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had heart problems or if your heart rate is very low.
- If you have low salt levels in your body (e.g. low level of potassium or magnesium).
- If you are an asthmatic with a history of asthmatic attack upon anti-allergic use.
- If you have porphyria (a condition which causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Uncontrolled movements
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Hyzewin 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations, trouble breathing after taking Hyzewin Syrup.
- You have any problems with your kidney or are on dialysis.
- You have a liver function problem.
- You have an enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to the stomach, intestine or ulcers.
- You have muscle weakness or a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This Syrup may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- Hyzewin Syrup should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have a slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Hyzewin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Take Hyzewin Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this Syrup on your own.
Interactions of Hyzewin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Hyzewin Syrup should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- This Syrup should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants....
- Additive anticholinergic effects (blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention, constipation) may occur if this medicine is taken with Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of Hyzewin Syrup leading to increased side effects....
- It could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- This Syrup should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Hyzewin 10 MG
- Symptoms of overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual.
- Typical side effects of overdosage of Hyzewin Syrup include confusion, slurred speech and experiencing restless, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation....
- Seek urgent medical help if you have taken too much of this medicine.