Gramocef Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S contains combination of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid as an active ingredient. This is a higher antibiotic meant for the treatment of severe infections.
Uses of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
Treatment of severe infections of urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporin class of antibiotics
Side effects of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzyme
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
Can I take Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not yet studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S while breastfeeding?
- It is not known whether cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are taking this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine with alcohol. However, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis)
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells)
- You have blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine
- You experience persistent diarrhoea
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition
Mode of Action of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefixime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid; any interactions seen with these two components individually may occur with this combination
- This medicine can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), false "positive reaction" may occur
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), false "positive reaction" may occur
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Gramocef Cv 200mg Tab 6`S
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Q. For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: Q. I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved