Glucosil 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glucosil 5 MG Description
Glucosil Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glibenclamide (also known as glyburide) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. While taking this medicine you
should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers must not use Glucosil. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken just before or with food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using Glucosil Tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹3.64 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glibenclamide / Glyburide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, low blood sugar level|
- Glybovin 5mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 9.65₹ 8.2060.19% CHEAPER₹ 0.82/Tablet
- Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.75₹ 41.4433.01% CHEAPER₹ 1.38/Tablet
Uses of Glucosil 5 MG
Contraindications of Glucosil 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Glibenclamide or any other ingredients of Glucosil Tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you are in a diabetic coma.
- If you are suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis (symptoms include fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking a medicine called bosentan to treat your high blood pressure.
Side effects of Glucosil 5 MG
- Low blood sugar level
Precautions and Warnings of Glucosil 5 MG
- Glucosil Tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar free products at such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands
- You are schedules to have a surgery or operation
- You develop fever or infection
- You consume alcohol on regular basis
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You are above 60 years old
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless told to do so by your doctor.
- Glucosil Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Glucosil 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glucosil 5 MG
Interactions of Glucosil 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glucosil Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, high cholesterol levels, mental health problems, cancer, thyroid problems, gout, tuberculosis, fits, infections, glaucoma, stomach ulcers, allergies, blood thinner medicines, prostate problems, pain and inflammation....
- Other medicines like pentoxifylline, oestrogen, progestogen, laxatives should be used with caution along with Glucosil Tablet.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Glucosil Tablet while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Glucosil 5 MG
- Glucosil Tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glucosil 5 MG
- An overdose of Glucosil Tablet may lead to low blood sugar levels (symptoms include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, shakiness, visual disturbances, sleepiness) and coma.
- Immediately consume some sugar or sugar-containing drink.
- Do not give the person any food or drink if the person is unconscious.
- Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Glucosil Tablet?
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What foods should I avoid eating, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid eating oily and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Glucosil Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Glucosil Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....