Glioz 20mg Capsule
Glioz 20 MG Description
Glioz Capsule is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat and manage brain and spine cancer along with other therapies. Glioz contains temozolomide as the active ingredient. It acts by killing ca
ncer-causing cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Glioz Capsule as advised by your doctor at prescribed dose and duration.
Uses of Glioz 20 MG
Contraindications of Glioz 20 MG
- If you are allergic to temozolomide, dacarbazine or any other ingredient of Glioz Capsule.
- If you have bone marrow failure or decreased activity of bone marrow.
Side effects of Glioz 20 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Glioz 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any infections while on Glioz.
- You have viral infections such as herpes of the brain or hepatitis.
- You develop pneumonia.
- You have liver disease.
- You have any other cancers.
- You experience nausea and vomiting.
- You are an elderly.
- Males should not plan to become a father for at least 3 months after the last dose, while females should refrain from planning pregnancy at least for 6 months.
- Glioz should not be used in children below 3 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glioz 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glioz 20 MG
- Glioz Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glioz 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glioz Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat seizures.
Storage and disposal of Glioz 20 MG
- Store Glioz Capsule at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glioz 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Glioz Capsule if I feel better?
Q: My husband is on Glioz, can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
- Temodal Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Temodal Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- TEMODAR Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]