Forson Sr 1000mg Tablet
By UNISON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Forson Sr 1000mg Tab contains metformin, which belongs to the biguanide class of medicines. It is used for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Uses of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
Type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin dependent diabetes)
Contraindications of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
- Type I diabetes mellitus
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Heart failure
- Severe respiratory disease
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Allergy to the medicine
- Severe infections
Side effects of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
- Common side effects of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab are loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache and mild diarrhoea
- Severe side effects include abnormal liver function tests and hepatitis characterised by yellowing of eyes or skin
- A severe, but rare, side effect of the medicine is lactic acidosis characterised by nausea, vomiting, generalized muscle weakness, and rapid breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
Can I take Forson Sr 1000mg Tab during pregnancy?
It must not be taken during pregnancy without consulting a doctor. Insulin is preferred over any oral blood- glucose-lowering medicines in pregnancy-related diabetes.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
It cannot be used during breastfeeding as it can easily pass into breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Be cautious while driving while using this medicine. There is a chance that your blood sugar level may fall and you may feel faintness, confusion & increased sweating. Consume something sweet to return to normal.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
It is better to avoid excessive alcohol consumption while taking this medicine as it reduces the blood sugar level and increases the risk of lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel like vomiting or get stomach aches, muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing, or reduced body temperature and heartbeat
- You have dehydration-related conditions such as severe vomiting and diarrhoea
Mode of Action of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
How Does It Work?
In diabetes mellitus, the pancreas either does not produce enough insulin or the body is not able to use the insulin provided effectively. So, glucose cannot enter into the cells, which results in high blood glucose levels. The antidiabetic composition of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab reduces the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowers the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitates the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
- Swallow the whole tablet with water without chewing or crushing the tablet
- Follow the prescription given by your doctor
Interactions of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy
- Diet pills
- Medicines used to treat asthma, colds or allergies
- Heart or blood pressure medications
- Steroids (prednisone, methylprednisolone, dexamethasone and others)
- Thyroid medicine
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Interactions with food items
No data is available on food interactions. However, the medicine reduces vitamin B12 levels in the body; consequently, your doctor might advise adjustments to your diet or supplements.
Other general Interactions
If you are supposed to take an iodine-containing contrast medium injection into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your physician will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection. Long-term treatment with medication that is used to treat pain and inflammation, when combined with this medicine, can damage your kidneys.
Storage and disposal of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
- Store it at room temperature in its original package
- Prevent exposure to excess heat, moisture and direct light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
The dosage of Forson Sr 1000mg Tab will be determined by your doctor. If you take more than is prescribed, you may overdose. Look for emergency medical help in case you suspect an overdose as it might lead to lactic acidosis. The symptoms of lactic acidosis are vomiting, stomach ache, muscle cramps & difficulty in breathing.
Missed a Dose
If you fail to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember along with food. But, if it is time for your next dose, then skipped the missed dose and take the scheduled one. Avoid compensating for the skipped dose by taking a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I use Forson Sr 1000mg Tab?
A: Use it as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change the dose and duration without asking your doctor.
Q: Can this medicine have any adverse side effects?
A: It might increase the risk of lactic acidosis, which is a rare but critical condition.
Q: Is it ok to take this medicine before a blood test?
A: Ask your doctor about this. The people in charge of the test will be able to give you proper instructions.
Q: How does this medicine work?
A: It decreases the absorption of glucose from the intestine and increases the action of insulin in the body. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood glucose levels.
Other Variants for
Forson Sr 1000mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved