Fastum 2.5% Gel
Fastum 2.5 % Description
Fastum 2.5% gel contains Ketoprofen as its active ingredient and is used to reduce pain, swelling, stiffness in conditions like arthritis (inflammation of the joints), sports injury, sprains, strains
. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. After applying the gel, do not cover it with a dressing. Avoid being in the sunlight for too long. Do not use this gel on sensitive skin. You may experience some side effects on the application site. However, they normally fade away with time. Consult your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|You Save||₹19.80 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Fastum 2.5 %
Contraindications of Fastum 2.5 %
- If you are allergic to Ketoprofen or any other ingredients of Fastum 2.5% gel.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like aspirin, tiaprofenic acid, fenofibrate, ibuprofen, indomethacin, etc.
- If you are suffering from any skin problems.
- If you had or still have asthma.
- If you are suffering from any other allergies.
- If you have eczema (a condition in which the skin becomes itchy, red).
- If you have any skin infection.
- If you have broken, rough or sore skin.
- If you are pregnant (especially the last 3 months of pregnancy).
- Fastum 2.5% gel should not be applied on sensitive skin such as eyes, mouth, private parts.
Side effects of Fastum 2.5 %
Precautions and Warnings of Fastum 2.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You have any skin problems.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You are applying this gel under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- You develop any irritation, sensitivity after using Fastum 2.5% gel.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- You should avoid direct sunlight and UV rays.
- It should not be applied to the eyes, mouth. In case of such exposure, wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Protect the area where the gel is applied by wearing proper clothing during the treatment and for two weeks after discontinuing the treatment.
- Fastum 2.5% gel is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Fastum 2.5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fastum 2.5 %
- Fastum 2.5% gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Do not cover the area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with the gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Fastum 2.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Fastum 2.5% gel is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- You should avoid using methotrexate (used in cancer) simultaneously along with Fastum 2.5% gel.