Fastum 2.5% Gel
By A.MENARINI INDIA
30g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fastum 2.5% gel contains Ketoprofen as its active ingredient and is used to reduce pain, swelling, stiffness in conditions like arthritis (inflammation of the joints), sports injury, sprains, strains.
It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. After applying the gel, do not cover it with a dressing. Avoid being in the sunlight for too long. Do not use this gel on sensitive skin. You may experience some side effects on the application site. However, they normally fade away with time. Consult your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Fastum 2.5% Gel
Fastum 2.5% gel is used in relieving pain, swelling, redness, stiffness in your joints and muscles in conditions like arthritis or pain due to sports injury, sprains, strains, etc.
Contraindications of Fastum 2.5% Gel
- If you are allergic to Ketoprofen or any other ingredients of Fastum 2.5% gel.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like aspirin, tiaprofenic acid, fenofibrate, ibuprofen, indomethacin, etc.
- If you are suffering from any skin problems.
- If you had or still have asthma.
- If you are suffering from any other allergies.
- If you have eczema (a condition in which the skin becomes itchy, red).
- If you have any skin infection.
- If you have broken, rough or sore skin.
- If you are pregnant (especially the last 3 months of pregnancy).
- Fastum 2.5% gel should not be applied on sensitive skin such as eyes, mouth, private parts.
Side effects of Fastum 2.5% Gel
Burning sensation, pain, irritation, redness, itching or dryness at the area Fastum 2.5% gel is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Fastum 2.5% Gel
Can I apply Fastum 2.5% gel during pregnancy?
Fastum 2.5% gel should not be used during pregnancy (especially during the last 3 months) as it may be unsafe. It is essential to consult a doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I apply Fastum 2.5% gel while breastfeeding?
Fastum 2.5% gel should not be used while breastfeeding. It is essential to consult a doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Fastum 2.5% gel?
There is limited information about the effects of Fastum 2.5% gel on driving but as it is a topical preparation, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Fastum 2.5% gel?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Fastum 2.5% gel. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any skin problems.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You are applying this gel under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- You develop any irritation, sensitivity after using Fastum 2.5% gel.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- You should avoid direct sunlight and UV rays.
- It should not be applied to the eyes, mouth. In case of such exposure, wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Protect the area where the gel is applied by wearing proper clothing during the treatment and for two weeks after discontinuing the treatment.
- Fastum 2.5% gel is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Fastum 2.5% Gel
How Does It Work?
Ketoprofen in Fastum 2.5% gel works by blocking certain chemical substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Fastum 2.5% Gel
- Fastum 2.5% gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Do not cover the area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with the gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Fastum 2.5% Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Fastum 2.5% gel is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other healthconditions....Read more
- You should avoid using methotrexate (used in cancer) simultaneously along with Fastum 2.5% gel.
Storage and disposal of Fastum 2.5% Gel
Fastum 2.5% gel should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Fastum 2.5% Gel
As Fastum 2.5% gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton. Upon accide
ntal ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Fastum 2.5% gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply the gel to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Fastum 2.5% gel?
A: If you get any gel in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
Q: How to use Fastum 2.5% gel?
A: Apply a thin layer of Fastum 2.5% gel on a clean and dry area and gently rub it and let it firmly absorb into the skin. Do not cover it and allow it to dry. Wash your hands before and after applying this gel, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Q: Can Fastum 2.5% gel be used in children?
A: Fastum 2.5% gel is not recommended for children.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved